Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Biggest Tattletales money rollover?  (Read 2493 times)

Kniwt

Biggest Tattletales money rollover?
« on: March 03, 2023, 01:52:59 PM »
Seeing the penultimate question answered all-wrong and the final question worth $450. Was there ever a double-rollover or more to $600 or $750?

(Yes, I'm asking a Really Important Question here. :) )

BillCullen1

Re: Biggest Tattletales money rollover?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 07:53:29 PM »
This episode hosted by Gene Rayburn had the final question worth $600. Bob Barker, Bobby Van & Elaine Joyce are here with Bert Convy playing the game. Sound quality is low but the episode is funny as all Hell.

https://youtu.be/dnA74lpIOtE 

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 08:50:00 PM »
I remember seeing a $600 question on more than one occasion.  $450 wasn't that unusual, but there was at least once where nobody got either of the first two questions right and the third question was $450.

Another interesting thing is how many times everybody missed the $300 question - leading to a much lower winning score.  It happened on a few occasions.  I guess the production company saved a few bucks on those shows!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

That Don Guy

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023, 10:18:53 AM »
Another interesting thing is how many times everybody missed the $300 question - leading to a much lower winning score.  It happened on a few occasions.  I guess the production company saved a few bucks on those shows!

Wasn't there a more-or-less running gag that, whenever that happened, Bert would say the money "went into Mark Goodson's pocket"?

Kniwt

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2023, 02:03:07 PM »
Tangentially related: The episode that just ended on Buzzr had something I didn't recall seeing before: a three-way tie that forced a non-round-number money total for each section, rounded up to $584.

Neumms

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 09:56:32 AM »
Tangentially related: The episode that just ended on Buzzr had something I didn't recall seeing before: a three-way tie that forced a non-round-number money total for each section, rounded up to $584.

As a youngster who watched only because there weren’t any other game shows on in its time slot, this was a rare highlight.

Bob Zager

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 01:36:50 PM »

When three-way ties occurred, Convy would close out the show by saying the entire studio audience would divide $1,750! (or $1,900 if they played an extra $150 question, and all three couples were right!)

That Don Guy

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 06:53:10 PM »
I remember a number of 3-way ties, and each one had each couple get an extra $334. I assume this was because had it been 333, that would have only been 999, instead of the "promised" 1000, and Standards & Practices would have had an issue. I remember the original JackPot! had a similar "problem"; at the beginning of each episode, Don Pardo's spiel said that a riddle could be worth "up to $50,000," but the largest target was 995, so in theory, the largest Super Jackpot was only $49,750 (well, if you don't count the one time the board malfunctioned and the multiplier was 55); Geoff said in one episode that if that ever happened, they would add $250 to make it an even $50,000.