Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Next weekend on PYL  (Read 4300 times)

tyshaun1

Next weekend on PYL
« on: February 29, 2004, 09:04:41 PM »
Just I'd drop in a friendly reminder notice that next Sunday's PYL will feature Peter Tomarken's convo with Sylvester/Mel Blanc, due to a "question malfunction". The question is will GSN run their split screens all over it? Tune in and find out......

Tyshaun

gameshowguy2000

Next weekend on PYL
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 11:56:07 PM »
Speaking of which, there's a video clip of that episode on Brad Francini's site. I've watched it a few times, and got a good laugh out of it.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Next weekend on PYL
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 08:44:13 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 08:04 PM\'] Just I'd drop in a friendly reminder notice that next Sunday's PYL will feature Peter Tomarken's convo with Sylvester/Mel Blanc, due to a "question malfunction". The question is will GSN run their split screens all over it? Tune in and find out...... [/quote]
 Thanks for the advisory.  Glad I got to see it, and GSN waited until the credit roll to do the split-screen.

Doug -- soon to celebrate 400 posts
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tyshaun1

Next weekend on PYL
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 08:57:42 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 08:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 08:04 PM\'] Just I'd drop in a friendly reminder notice that next Sunday's PYL will feature Peter Tomarken's convo with Sylvester/Mel Blanc, due to a "question malfunction". The question is will GSN run their split screens all over it? Tune in and find out...... [/quote]
Thanks for the advisory.  Glad I got to see it, and GSN waited until the credit roll to do the split-screen.

Doug -- soon to celebrate 400 posts [/quote]
Yes, it was a pleasant surprise. GSN does seem to screen their shows before airing, and they timed their commercial breaks and split screens to wind around the "call". (sarcasm)Too bad the world is coming to an end next Monday, 10 PM est/9 PM cst. (/sarcasm)

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 09:01:52 AM by tyshaun1 »

zachhoran

Next weekend on PYL
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 09:01:03 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 08:57 AM\']
Yes, it was a pleasant surprise. GSN does seem to screen their shows before airing, and they timed their commerical breaks and split screens to wind around the "call". (sarcasm)Too bad the world is coming to an end next Monday, 10 PM est/9 PM cst. (/sarcasm)

Tyshaun [/quote]
 This may be first of the second "package" of PYL shows they acquired to completely cut out the fee plugs, rather than doing the split screen during them.

tyshaun1

Next weekend on PYL
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 09:03:38 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 09:01 AM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 08:57 AM\']
Yes, it was a pleasant surprise. GSN does seem to screen their shows before airing, and they timed their commerical breaks and split screens to wind around the "call". (sarcasm)Too bad the world is coming to an end next Monday, 10 PM est/9 PM cst. (/sarcasm)

Tyshaun [/quote]
This may be first of the second "package" of PYL shows they acquired to completely cut out the fee plugs, rather than doing the split screen during them. [/quote]
 Nope, they actually cut out fee plugs on a couple of other episodes as well (I have them on tape), both episodes also had shots of the contestants before the fee plugs, too.

Tyshaun

Thad Dixon

Next weekend on PYL
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 09:20:53 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 09:03 AM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 09:01 AM\']
This may be first of the second "package" of PYL shows they acquired to completely cut out the fee plugs, rather than doing the split screen during them. [/quote]
Nope, they actually cut out fee plugs on a couple of other episodes as well (I have them on tape), both episodes also had shots of the contestants before the fee plugs, too.[/quote]
And there weren't any audio problems on this ep. when they aired it (as there have been with a number of others lately), were there?

tyshaun1

Next weekend on PYL
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 06:42:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 09:20 AM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 09:03 AM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 09:01 AM\']
Nope, they actually cut out fee plugs on a couple of other episodes as well (I have them on tape), both episodes also had shots of the contestants before the fee plugs, too.[/quote]
And there weren't any audio problems on this ep. when they aired it (as there have been with a number of others lately), were there? [/quote]
 Nope. Hasn't happened in a while. Have a nice day.

Tyshaun