Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Unrrleased Video game/Computer Game adaptations  (Read 1716 times)

Jamey Greek

Unrrleased Video game/Computer Game adaptations
« on: February 11, 2023, 02:47:11 PM »
The Home game thread got me to thinking about this but any planned but unreleased video game adaptations besides the following

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

The Price is Right
Password
Super Password
Card Sharks

Atari 2600
Jeopardy
Wheel of Fortune
Tic Tac Dough
The Joker's Wild
Family Feud

Bob Zager

Re: Unrrleased Video game/Computer Game adaptations
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 04:16:58 PM »
The Home game thread got me to thinking about this but any planned but unreleased video game adaptations besides the following

The Price is Right
Password
Super Password
Card Sharks

I remember the promos in the instruction books for the NES games, and it showed a photo of $25,000/$100,000 Pyramid for Password, and later a "Talking" Super Password, w/pic of the SP set.

IIRC, High Tech Expressions, the company which produced the home computer game versions of High Rollers (1988) and Pyramid (1988), almost released a computer game version of Trump Card.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 07:35:37 PM »

The Price is Right
Password
Super Password
Card Sharks

I remember the promos in the instruction books for the NES games, and it showed a photo of $25,000/$100,000 Pyramid for Password, and later a "Talking" Super Password, w/pic of the SP set.

IIRC, High Tech Expressions, the company which produced the home computer game versions of High Rollers (1988) and Pyramid (1988), almost released a computer game version of Trump Card.

It was Box Office who did that.  I remember finding a Bingo game made by Box Office at Kaybee Toys Christmas 1993 at the Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs, FL.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 07:37:49 PM »
Weren’t there P+ and TPiR games planned that were canceled by the video game crash of ‘83?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jamey Greek

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 08:12:39 PM »
Weren’t there P+ and TPiR games planned that were canceled by the video game crash of ‘83?

I think so.  But I do know that both P+ and J! Got released on the old Onni Entertainment System

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 09:46:46 PM »
There were. Those and the other five 2600 games mentioned in the OP were to be published by The Great Game Company (GGC), who was also planning Intellivision (and apparently Colecovision) versions of the set as well. The plan was to start releasing them (specifically the 2600 versions) in Spring 1983, following a demonstration of the first two carts (one of which was Feud) at the New York City Toy Fair that March, but later delayed their intended release to late '83.

GGC ended up not releasing anything, though parent company IJE retained the rights and later sublicensed them to Sharedata for home computers. The success of said games prompted IJE to try publishing game show titles for consoles again, so they revived GGC and renamed it GameTek.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Bob Zager

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 01:49:05 PM »

It was Box Office who did that.  I remember finding a Bingo game made by Box Office at Kaybee Toys Christmas 1993 at the Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs, FL.

OOPS! Sorry, you are right!  Hi-Tech Expressions made the Win, Lose or Draw PC game, and later Remote Control and, I believe Fun House!