Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another TPiR ep.  (Read 2535 times)

BrandonFG

Another TPiR ep.
« on: July 01, 2003, 12:50:37 PM »
As per NY Newsday newspaper, CBS is airing another TPiR Primetime special in place of Baby Bob, which they say will probably air later on in the summer.  Also being removed is Charlie Lawrence, which will be replaced by an ep. of CSI:Miami.

The fact that TPiR is airing in so many slots is fine by me, but does anyone think this show will sooner or later turn out like Millionaire did during 2000-01; overexposure and being relied on when there's a gap in the schedule?

If you remember, during the 2000-01 season, Millionaire was scheduled for 3 nights a week, but their Friday night sitcom block flopped (I believe this was the year they went away from the TGIF block), and they put Millionaire on for a fourth night.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

Another TPiR ep.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 12:58:09 PM »
The fact that TPiR is airing in so many slots is fine by me, but does anyone think this show will sooner or later turn out like Millionaire did during 2000-01; overexposure and being relied on when there's a gap in the schedule?

1.  It's summer--hardly anybody's watching on a Friday night (or Saturday night, for that matter) anyway.  If anyone gets a 10 share on Friday or Saturday during the summer, it's considered a success.

2.  They're reruns--Barker's not going to do more than nine first-run prime time shows a year unless they cut the number of first-run daytime shows.  Even though they haven't done 195 shows a year in recent years, the daytime version is still the priority and dramatically cutting the number of first-runs per year in daytime could be just as disastrous as prime time overkill.