Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Have people become blaze about winning stuff?  (Read 4949 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Have people become blaze about winning stuff?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2023, 11:40:35 PM »
What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.

More seriously—just about everything else is a physical commodity. Unless you contrive to convert your tickets into money in the airline’s gift wallet and then buy a flight you want, I don’t know if you can swing that without a ton of work.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2023, 02:04:03 AM »
What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.

More seriously—just about everything else is a physical commodity. Unless you contrive to convert your tickets into money in the airline’s gift wallet and then buy a flight you want, I don’t know if you can swing that without a ton of work.

Yeah, if it's not as simple as saying "Mr. Producer, we'd like to swap our trips please," then it's not happening.

That Don Guy

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2023, 10:41:20 AM »
I wonder what percent of boat winners decline it because they aren't near water, but also the general cost of boat ownership.

This may be a false memory, but wasn't it on the first Brady LMAD that the contestant playing for the Big Deal said they were glad they didn't win it because it was something like three Sea-Doos and they said they didn't live near the water?

When you come to the point where you have to decide what you want to do with your prizes, can you pick and choose what you wanna keep, or is it all or nothing?

As Adam said, you can choose which to accept, but (at least in my experience of the show) all prizes to be delivered have to be sent to the same address—e.g., you can’t have the sweet flat-screen TV sent to your city apartment and the hot tub to your parents’ country house.

That brings up a question - exactly what is the rule on trips? Does the winner have to be one of the persons who takes it? Why can't they just sell the plane tickets and transfer the hotel reservations? How is this enforced?

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2023, 02:16:54 PM »
That brings up a question - exactly what is the rule on trips? Does the winner have to be one of the persons who takes it? Why can't they just sell the plane tickets and transfer the hotel reservations? How is this enforced?

Yes, the winner has to be one of the travelers. Trips are booked through the production company (or a travel agency that the production company works with), which is how they ensure that one of the tickets is assigned to the winner.