The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Shows Which Used Pre-Recorded Openings

(1/4) > >>

TimK2003:
I saw a a show the other day (I will mention it momentarily) where the opening was clearly taped and recycled, as the set looked slightly different in the live shot.

Card Sharks and Trebek's Double Dare used nearly the same format for their openings, with the former using tape from the pilot.

What other shows did similar pre-taped openings of a slightly different set?

BTW, the show I just saw was the first Bonusround.ca listed episode of Pitfall:  This particular episode had a flashing $2,500 sign as the top prize at the end of the bridge, but if you look closely the pre-taped opening showing the entire bridge, the flashing dollar amount clearly shows a flashing $5,000 sign.

BrandonFG:
Face the Music used the same stock intro following the glowing Sandy Frank Presents logo. Sometimes they even used a clip from the pilot, which is weird because that set had an obviously different door. But Sandy Frank wasn't known for continuity or good editing. :P

Could we count Perry's $ale of the Century with the montage of prizes?

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on January 10, 2023, 10:22:11 PM ---Face the Music used the same stock intro following the glowing Sandy Frank Presents logo. Sometimes they even used a clip from the pilot, which is weird because that set had an obviously different door. But Sandy Frank wasn't known for continuity or good editing. :P

Could we count Perry's $ale of the Century with the montage of prizes?

--- End quote ---

That $otC opening usually changed from week to week, or whenever the prize lot changed.  Ditto with PYL or Pyramid winner-type montages ,-- those montages would cycle in or out with occasional newer additions.

Now the MG'98 opening where pieces of the set were added to the stage piecemeal and the audience was filing in, I *would* count.

Casey Buck:
Legends of the Hidden Temple had a pre-recorded intro for Season 2 and 3 up until the point where Kirk Fogg says "Which one are we going to hear about today?"

CJBojangles:
Davidson Price used a montage of clips for the intro including some from the pilot(s) with the Showcase-adapted Range Game and spotlights around the doors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version