Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Blockbusters w/ Bill Cullen question  (Read 2609 times)

whewfan

Blockbusters w/ Bill Cullen question
« on: January 07, 2023, 07:21:48 PM »
I keep seeing posts saying that Johnny Olson once filled in for Bob Hilton... I've seen the whole run... Johnny NEVER did! So why are people saying he did?! Video proof or it didn't happen!

BrandonFG

Re: Blockbusters w/ Bill Cullen question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 08:10:33 PM »
Mandela Effect? Maybe someone thought Johnny sounds like Bob? He did other NBC shows so maybe the source got confused.

Regardless, this is a weird thing to get worked up about.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 10:42:23 PM »
Please cite these posts, because I haven’t seen anything of the sort around here lately.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 01:12:48 AM »
I concur with my colleagues. Why are you telling us this when we aren’t perpetrating a fib?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 02:03:24 AM »
Please cite these posts, because I haven’t seen anything of the sort around here lately.
IMDb says he announced an episode in 1981, but I’ve never seen anything mentioned here or anywhere else so I’m guessing whoever made that entry is simply confused.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

whewfan

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 03:47:50 AM »
The posts I see are on Facebook, not here. Sorry for any confusion. I should've specified. One of my FB friends posted the incorrect post, but then he said that Johnny announced on an episode that didn't air... and he had no proof. A couple of other posters who I guess are friends of his also thought this was true.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 05:39:12 PM »
The posts I see are on Facebook, not here. Sorry for any confusion. I should've specified. One of my FB friends posted the incorrect post, but then he said that Johnny announced on an episode that didn't air... and he had no proof. A couple of other posters who I guess are friends of his also thought this was true.

Then may I suggest you keep your indignant "proof or it didn't happen!"s....on Facebook.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

daveromanjr

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2023, 09:34:54 AM »

Then may I suggest you keep your indignant "proof or it didn't happen!"s....on Facebook.
THIS.  Facebook has slowly turned into a shitstorm of non-true "facts" and weirdos thinking they know way more than they really do.  Please, spare us and keep it there.

carlisle96

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2023, 11:34:26 AM »
I keep seeing posts saying that Johnny Olson once filled in for Bob Hilton... I've seen the whole run... Johnny NEVER did! So why are people saying he did?! Video proof or it didn't happen!
I don't know why anybody would even care in the first place

chrisholland03

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2023, 01:00:24 PM »
I was right and you were wrong
I'm gonna sing the 'I was right' song

mystery7

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2023, 02:30:26 PM »
I was right and you were wrong
I'm gonna sing the 'I was right' song
...on Card Sharks! Johnny Olson definitely filled in there. Furkin' gameshow-anon theorists, man...

Proof: