Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay Finds 2023  (Read 36959 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: eBay Finds 2023
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2023, 04:44:31 PM »
Same person does custom 3x3x3 cubes with Nintendo's IP all over them. Clearly doesn't give two tin ones about copyright. I was curious so I sent a message asking how they produce their labels (are they actually proper dye sub on vinyl, or are they just running labels through a laser printer?) and what blank cubes they are using (for $33 per they could be using decent budget speed cubes, but I bet they aren't) but I don't expect a reply.

I actually got a reply. :)

They're printing on glossy sticker paper and using "real Rubik's cubes" although I strongly suspect they thought that's what I wanted to hear when in fact as a potential customer (no, of course I'm not actually a potential customer) that's the LAST thing I would want to hear. In other words, for $34, they're complete garbage. Fine for putting on a shelf as a display piece, and that's it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 02:52:14 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

nowhammies10

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2023, 02:49:26 PM »
I'm the one who started all the classic wedge business with her WOF wheels. We had lots of back-and-forth about the '90s era wheels. In the main image you see on the page, with the Round 4 wheel and the various wedges below, I personally created the "Free Spin on blue" wedge, "Double Play on blue/pink" wedges, and the generic "PRIZE" wedges.

Matter of fact, I'm certain I now own the wheels you see in those images.

I also inspired the creation of the bonus round wheel with the mini-envelopes. They're like an inch across and it's too damn cute.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2023, 03:46:02 PM »
There is a part of me that would love to put together a stack of wedges to create a mishmash of the daytime show with someparts of the syndicated run. The problem is I don’t really have people to play with.
Travis L. Eberle

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2023, 05:22:08 PM »
There is a part of me that would love to put together a stack of wedges to create a mishmash of the daytime show with someparts of the syndicated run.
This is exactly what I did when I treated myself to a living room-size wheel for my birthday a few years ago. The basic layout is the same as the 1986 Deluxe Edition, and the gent who built it for me was nice enough to include a template for making add-on wedges. I made $800, $900, $1000, $1250, $1500, $2000, $2500, $3500, and $5000. Sometimes I mash them up, but for first-timers at the apartment, it's fun to break out the wheel and ask "Daytime or Nighttime?"

"....Does it make a difference?"
"OF COURSE it makes a difference."

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2023, 12:06:29 AM »
This is exactly what I did when I treated myself to a living room-size wheel for my birthday a few years ago.
How does one acquire such a thing? Was it a commission/custom order? Did you repurpose a Big 6 wheel?
This signature is currently under construction.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2023, 01:14:01 AM »
This is exactly what I did when I treated myself to a living room-size wheel for my birthday a few years ago.
How does one acquire such a thing? Was it a commission/custom order? Did you repurpose a Big 6 wheel?
Commissioned it. Two gents in upstate New York built the wheel itself. It's a GREAT design. The wheel itself is metal; the pegs on the wheel are steel rivets that are easily replaced with a purchase on Amazon or a machinery supplies site. They slide into the deep-set holes and stay fixed in place because the holes are so deep. Eventually with the passage of time, they might start to bend, but even at that point, they'll be easily replaced because they aren't actually attached to the wheel. So there's no such possibility as "a peg breaking off. Another designer in upstate NY 3D-printed an excellent set of arrow clickers. Not counting the base it's sitting on, the wheel itself is about two feet across, so it can be moved aside to a corner of the living room when not in use. Five stars. Satisfied buyer.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2023, 03:42:19 PM »
That sounds baller, and at only 2 feet in diameter, you could transport it by car assuming you have enough hands to get it there.

/I'm not looking but I'm always looking
//I should post about my DIY convention buzzers sometime
This signature is currently under construction.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2023, 01:35:25 PM »
Along with some other large pieces from The Price Is Right, The New Newlywed Game, Weakest Link, and Jeopardy! (as seen on the scroll bar near the top of the page). Be prepared for a bidding war between Jeopardy! contestants who stood behind lecterns #1 and #2 on the "sushi bar" set.

I don't doubt the authenticity of the items (years ago, I saw that Hit Me set piece loaded on a trailer), but I'd like to call attention to the description of briefcase 24 from Deal or No Deal. Heritage Auctions claims that it was the briefcase that Meghan Markle used during her time on the show. However, I remember the typeface on the exterior of the briefcases being some kind of Helvetica, which is confirmed by doing an image search for pictures from the show -- including pictures of Meghan Markle standing next to briefcase 24. I don't doubt that Heritage Auctions got that particular briefcase from some official source, but I don't think it's the briefcase that Markle opened.

KrisW73

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2023, 02:51:01 PM »
I bid four times on the J 79! answer cards, and it got to be too rich for my blood after the last outbid. Can only imagine what they will end up going for.

nowhammies10

« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2023, 03:52:30 PM »
I bid four times on the J 79! answer cards, and it got to be too rich for my blood after the last outbid. Can only imagine what they will end up going for.

So it's you I was having that bidding war with!  ;D

Mr. Matté

« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2023, 03:57:01 PM »

Starts at $5,000 and increases $2,500 after every appearance