Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR The Barker Era 1/1/23  (Read 4271 times)

bwood

TPiR The Barker Era 1/1/23
« on: January 01, 2023, 05:31:56 PM »
Tonight at 9pm EST, the Barker Era channel plans on airing 2 episodes featuring contestants that will be on the upcoming "Redemption Episode" of The Price is Right at Night. These are returning contestants that had tough losses in the past. One of the classic episodes looks to be from 1986 and will feature Rod Roddy. I think this will be the first Rod Roddy episode on the channel so far, correct?

Allstar87

Re: TPiR The Barker Era 1/1/23
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 05:46:38 PM »
I think this will be the first Rod Roddy episode on the channel so far, correct?

Correct. :) The regular rotation only goes up to May 20, 1985.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 07:38:44 PM »
I had no idea the channel was so specifically and meticulously programmed.  That's actually a neat thing to do.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 08:10:44 PM »
I had no idea the channel was so specifically and meticulously programmed.  That's actually a neat thing to do.

While the stream has had themed marathons and special stunts since launch, this is the first time they've gone outside of "block of episodes currently in rotation".

Deep down, hoping that stunt events like this provide an opportunity in the future to air the first ten years (or possibly other hosts), but just grateful to see this and see Rod Roddy turn up.

bwood

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 01:58:45 AM »
There will be a few more chances to catch the 2 Episode Block featuring the contestants that will have a shot at Redemption on the current Network (Nighttime) version this week.
Here is the info from The Barker Era for re-airing:

"The classic episodes will re-air over the next few days: 1/2 at 11am ET & 8pm ET, 1/3 at 10am ET & 7pm ET and 1/4 at 9am ET & 6pm ET.

One of the two classic episodes is new to the Barker Era channel, so don't miss it!"

The first episode is in rotation and from 1983, the second is the one from 1986.

Would love more special opportunities like this to come up, especially if they involve later 80s or early 90s episodes. Happy they are finally into 1985 though, getting closer to the Era I grew up with.
The "look" just isn't quite there yet from what I was most familiar with. It's slowly getting there though, with the "newer" Showcase podiums, etc.

I would also like to see them re-air the Specials from 1986. I could see them working those in somehow down the road.

TimK2003

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 07:07:53 PM »
FWIW, The Pluto TV channel now has most, if not all of the Barker TPIR era episodes available in the On Demand (as in "Binge in episode order at your own pace") section in addition to the regular live-streaming Barker era channels on Pluto and RokuTV.

There is also On Demand episodes of Wheel and J! There as well.

snowpeck

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2023, 07:30:11 PM »
FWIW, The Pluto TV channel now has most, if not all of the Barker TPIR era episodes available in the On Demand (as in "Binge in episode order at your own pace") section in addition to the regular live-streaming Barker era channels on Pluto and RokuTV.

There is also On Demand episodes of Wheel and J! There as well.
200 of the 550 TPIR episodes in rotation so far are available on demand.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)