Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PLUG: "Monty Hall - TV's Big Dealer" now on sale  (Read 8666 times)

tvmitch

Re: PLUG: "Monty Hall - TV's Big Dealer" now on sale
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2022, 03:33:34 PM »
EDIT: It arrived earlier tonight...oddly enough, in an Amazon package!
I also received mine last night, also in an Amazon package.  So I think there's a pretty easily learned moral here when ordering a Bear Manor book in the future.
I do a bit of selling on Amazon on the side - with Amazon's fulfillment, you could theoretically ship them thousands or millions of widgets, and just use them for storage and fulfillment of the widget, without having an Amazon listing for that widget.

Reckless speculation: Bear Manor shipped All Their Copies of Adam's book to Amazon, realized they didn't have any copies left behind to send, and it was easier to fulfill their own orders with the inventory sitting at Amazon than any alternative.

Anyway...just ordered my copy! Looking forward to reading it next week.
You should follow me on Twitter

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2022, 05:11:44 PM »
Reckless speculation: Bear Manor shipped All Their Copies of Adam's book to Amazon, realized they didn't have any copies left behind to send, and it was easier to fulfill their own orders with the inventory sitting at Amazon than any alternative.

I considered that possibility as well.  I imagine it depends on Amazon's cut, because Bear Manor comes out ahead with the $8 they charge for shipping if you order from their site.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2022, 11:58:16 PM »
The book is now available at Barnes & Noble's website, too, if you're so inclined.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/monty-hall-tvs-big-dealer-monty-hall/1142780473?ean=9781629338927

steveleb

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2022, 02:41:14 PM »
I had much the same issues with delays from Bear Manor--one wonders if actual bears filled the order.

That said, I finally received my copy last week. 

This was my published, unsolicited, honest reaction, as written in my blog post:

https://leblanguage.com/lets-make-a-legacy/

Since the youngest daughter of the book's SUBJECT has sung my praises privately, merely correcting my observation that the relatively spartan way they were raised may have upset she and her siblings--if anything, it helped shape them as the outstanding people they are accurately profiled as in this book--, I wonder if it isn't too much to ask from the AUTHOR that, just perhaps, a simple THANK YOU might be in order?

I honestly don't know what I've ever done to any of you to deserve such ghosting, besides accurately calling out someone else as cheap?

With that said, I HIGHLY recommend and support your purchase of this book.  And Adam's praises should be sung to the rafters of whatever building you're habitating in.

Happy holidays folks.  Seriously.

calliaume

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2022, 02:12:12 PM »
Requested as a Christmas present from my wife (I sent her the Amazon link); I will advise further after December 25.
Received as a Christmas present, thanks to my wife.

Printed in Monee, IL on December 6, 2022 according to the last page, so hot off the press (and binding line).

trainman

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2022, 01:19:46 AM »
I've decided not to bring this up publicly on Facebook anymore, but here in our private little club, I don't mind letting you guys know.  I ordered the book directly from Bear Manor when it  was first announced, now more than a month ago.  It has not arrived, and an email to them has gone unanswered.  I am told my issue is not unique.  I do not think anyone is trying to rip me off and I have no doubt that I will get it eventually, but Bear Manor has a serious, serious problem with order fulfillment.  If you're going to get this book, and by all mean, you should absolutely get this book, order it through the retail giant and get it in a couple of days.  I checked with Adam, and he gets paid the same either way.

I recently realized that I had never gotten the copy of the "Sam and Friends" book I'd ordered through Bear Manor back in September. However, my email did get answered, and they did refund me promptly. (Only problem is that I'd bought it during a pre-order sale, so buying it now is going to be more expensive.)
trainman is a man of trains

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2023, 12:48:49 AM »
Adam, how much did you get out of Hank Koval?

I'll buy a copy. Oh, wait — I haven't bought my copy of "TV Inside Out", dash it all. I still want to know how Johnny Olson was able to drive himself from LAX to St. John's hospital while having a stroke.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2023, 03:23:11 PM »
I still want to know how Johnny Olson was able to drive himself from LAX to St. John's hospital while having a stroke.

What, you're telling me YOU'VE never done that on a long dri- ......oh.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2023, 01:10:01 PM »
I still want to know how Johnny Olson was able to drive himself from LAX to St. John's hospital while having a stroke.

Only when I fly from West Virginia to L.A.

Johnny had spent that Sunday night at his apartment on Fountain Ave. in West Hollywood.

BillCullen1

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2023, 01:49:39 PM »

Johnny had spent that Sunday night at his apartment on Fountain Ave. in West Hollywood.

I figured Johnny had an apartment since he had steady work out in L.A.