Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PLUG: "Monty Hall - TV's Big Dealer" now on sale  (Read 8667 times)

Adam Nedeff

PLUG: "Monty Hall - TV's Big Dealer" now on sale
« on: December 12, 2022, 02:12:18 PM »
The thought suddenly occurred to me that I haven't plugged it here, so...

My new book is on sale: a revised and updated version of Monty's original 1973 autobiography, published with the approval of Monty's family and his co-author Bill Libby's family. About 60% of this release is NEW material, with new research by me, plus new interviews with:
-Monty's brother Robert
-Monty's children
-Tom Kennedy (possibly his final interview)
-Stu Billett (possibly his final interview)
-Hatos/Hall Productions executive Henry Koval
-Ron Greenberg
-Brian Cummings
-Dean Goss
-Karen LaPierre
-Mark Maxwell-Smith
-Ian MacLellan of Catalena Productions
-The lovely Carol Merrill

It's available in hardcover or paperback at Amazon, or at BearManor Media's website in paperback or hardcover.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 11:42:44 PM by Adam Nedeff »

Matt Ottinger

Re: PLUG: "Monty Hall - TV's Big Dealer" now on sale
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 03:37:06 PM »
I've decided not to bring this up publicly on Facebook anymore, but here in our private little club, I don't mind letting you guys know.  I ordered the book directly from Bear Manor when it  was first announced, now more than a month ago.  It has not arrived, and an email to them has gone unanswered.  I am told my issue is not unique.  I do not think anyone is trying to rip me off and I have no doubt that I will get it eventually, but Bear Manor has a serious, serious problem with order fulfillment.  If you're going to get this book, and by all mean, you should absolutely get this book, order it through the retail giant and get it in a couple of days.  I checked with Adam, and he gets paid the same either way.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 03:49:46 PM »
I've decided not to bring this up publicly on Facebook anymore, but here in our private little club, I don't mind letting you guys know.  I ordered the book directly from Bear Manor when it  was first announced, now more than a month ago.  It has not arrived, and an email to them has gone unanswered.  I am told my issue is not unique.  I do not think anyone is trying to rip me off and I have no doubt that I will get it eventually, but Bear Manor has a serious, serious problem with order fulfillment.  If you're going to get this book, and by all mean, you should absolutely get this book, order it through the retail giant and get it in a couple of days.  I checked with Adam, and he gets paid the same either way.

I ordered it on November 28th through Bear Manor and it has not yet arrived. I'll update this post once I get it, but had I known about their order fulfillment issues I'd have gone through Amazon.

EDIT: It arrived earlier tonight...oddly enough, in an Amazon package!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 11:14:05 PM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 09:40:58 AM »
EDIT: It arrived earlier tonight...oddly enough, in an Amazon package!

I also received mine last night, also in an Amazon package.  So I think there's a pretty easily learned moral here when ordering a Bear Manor book in the future.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 10:04:13 AM »
I guess if deciding to order directly from them, it's something to Bear in mind.

/thanks, I'll let myself out

Bobby B.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 03:37:10 PM »
I guess if deciding to order directly from them, it's something to Bear in mind.

In a Manor of speaking, yes.

Eric Paddon

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 10:18:11 PM »

I had a similar problem with Bear Manor with a big two volume set about the making of the movie "Raise The Titanic."    Volume 1 was okay, but Volume 2 was literally a book that had a Volume 2 cover......but the contents were Volume 1.

They never sent me a replacement.

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2022, 12:00:43 PM »

In a Manor of speaking, yes.

Well played.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2022, 10:34:15 AM »
Great that you got an interview with Henry Koval, Adam. Koval worked on the LMAD pilot, so he's been with the show literally since day one.

calliaume

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2022, 12:15:36 PM »
Requested as a Christmas present from my wife (I sent her the Amazon link); I will advise further after December 25.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 10:49:19 PM »
Bought on Amazon December 15th
Arrived December 20th.

10/10 would book again.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2022, 01:51:24 PM »
Great that you got an interview with Henry Koval, Adam. Koval worked on the LMAD pilot, so he's been with the show literally since day one.
I assume this is the “Hank” Monty refers to occasionally that would hide money in the popcorn, etc…?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jamey Greek

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2022, 08:37:53 PM »
Requested as a Christmas present from my wife (I sent her the Amazon link); I will advise further after December 25.

I did the same except I requested my cousin to get it for me. 

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2022, 10:16:05 PM »
I assume this is the “Hank” Monty refers to occasionally that would hide money in the popcorn, etc…?
Yes, the very same.

colonial

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2022, 08:52:19 AM »
Got the book last night. Opened the box, took the book out, then my daughter grabbed the book, wrapped it in Christmas wrapping, put it under the tree and told me to wait until Dec. 25.

At least the house is full of holiday spirit.

JD