Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Set pieces/props damaged during shows  (Read 10140 times)

Casey

Re: Set pieces/props damaged during shows
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2022, 03:57:47 PM »
I think on one of the TPIR episodes in the current cycle on Pluto, a contestant playing Check Game tried to write on the reveal instead of the check, leaving a black dot that was visible for several subsequent playings.

Also - Gene Wood:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 04:10:16 PM by Casey »

weaklink75

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2022, 05:45:34 PM »
One time on Family Double Dare, a guy put a hole in one of the bowls during a toss up challenge.
Ah yes, that reminds me of a physical challenge where they had to stomp on "grapes" (balloons) to "juice" them. Unfortunately, the output was connected to a tap that kept closing due to the force of the stomps, but eventually, the entire box gave way, which caused the container to fill past the line, and they gave them the win.

There was another Double Dare ep where the final obstacle on the course was giant cannolis- the intention was the player would stick their hands into the openings on the sides to find the flag in the filling- the player ended up ripping it open from the middle to get the flag out..

Bobby B.

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2022, 11:49:28 PM »
The original Feud buzz-in button (sorry about the watermark):

I think PYL's original buttons were broken once or twice before they changed out the style of buttons as well.

I remember a similar Family Feud incident from when they had the old buzzers, as shown in this old GSN promo.  The contestant missed the buzzer and knocked her podium mic out of its stand.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2022, 12:16:42 AM »
I think on one of the TPIR episodes in the current cycle on Pluto, a contestant playing Check Game tried to write on the reveal instead of the check, leaving a black dot that was visible for several subsequent playings.

Not quite -- the contestant did try to write there, but Bob is the one who actually made the mark while he was reacting to her.

Of course, that didn't stop him from blaming her for it the couple of times he referenced it.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2022, 12:42:15 PM »

Something similar happened in the 90s and Bob suggested that they leave the mark there and refer to it as "Timothy's dot" from then on (at 16:38).

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Fedya

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2022, 07:30:33 PM »
In Italy one of the water tanks of the final round of Ciao Darwin broke and flooded the stage  ;D

At least it didn't contain thousands of tropical fish.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

thewhammy_2000

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2022, 10:07:51 PM »
Match Game:
First 74: "Wacko" contestant Dorothy slammed her desk so hard that the screen of her score fell off, causing Gene to put it back on, saying "You're breaking the whole set!"
Another contest was jumping near the blue dot, causing Gene to look at the floor, saying that she split the whole set, and to stay still if she wins more money.

Otm Shank

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2022, 11:00:47 PM »
At 20 minutes in....

Mr. Brown

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2022, 10:27:57 PM »
How about when Flip Flop lost its second set of digits?

Or (and I can't find the clip) when Bob and a contestant had to rip the reveal off of Squeeze Play?
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

weaklink75

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2022, 01:28:35 PM »
IIRC, the episode of The Moneymaze at the Paley Center had an incident where the runner ripped the carpet on the steps accidentally after a win (and the guider was so excited about the win he ripped the back of his pants and Nick Clooney commented something to the effect or "she broke our maze, he ripped his pants...")

Sodboy13

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2023, 11:59:12 PM »
Is the story true that the big electronic percent sign on Play The Percentages ended up as useless decor after a couple episodes, because it damaged the set when it came up?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2023, 09:18:55 AM »
Somewhere there's an ep of Eubanks' "Card Sharks" where the tilting mechanism for the giant lit cards fails, and they come crashing down to their normal resting position.  I don't think you see them tilt again after that, which is a shame.  I think that was the only redeeming quality about that set.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

BrandonFG

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2023, 10:36:01 AM »
I’d wondered why the cards stopped tilting so early in the run. That was a really cool feature IMO.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

nowhammies10

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2023, 11:39:13 AM »
I thought they stopped tilting so as not to smash into the car they put upstage centre.