Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Set pieces/props damaged during shows  (Read 10178 times)

Adam Nedeff

Re: Set pieces/props damaged during shows
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2022, 03:53:22 AM »
The episode of syndicated MG in which Gene destroyed the doors he entered through at the top of the show. I can only assume thay the staff was planning to replace the doors anyway...or that he just didn't care at that point.
It was a gimmicked door specially built for the sole purpose of that gag. Notice the way it breaks. There's not even a split down the middle that would open up for Gene's entrance.

Was the first time more spontaneous? It appears to be the real doors to my eyes, but the sound op was awfully quick with the gag music.

Gimmicked doors. The sound man was quick to switch the music, and Gene's remark about the mess would suggest it was premeditated.

tyshaun1

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2022, 08:42:45 AM »

I remember him calling it a “broken shmaggie”. But I don’t think those buzzers made it past the end of 1983.
Here ya go. Early January of 84.

And here is another moment where the N falls off "SPINS" from late in the run.

gameboy2000

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2022, 04:24:11 PM »
One time on Family Double Dare, a guy put a hole in one of the bowls during a toss up challenge.
gameboy2000.weebly.com

WhammyPower

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2022, 06:04:21 PM »
One time on Family Double Dare, a guy put a hole in one of the bowls during a toss up challenge.
Ah yes, that reminds me of a physical challenge where they had to stomp on "grapes" (balloons) to "juice" them. Unfortunately, the output was connected to a tap that kept closing due to the force of the stomps, but eventually, the entire box gave way, which caused the container to fill past the line, and they gave them the win.

EDIT: Here's the clip:

That Don Guy

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2022, 09:18:12 PM »
This may be a false memory, but I'm pretty sure that on the last non-repeat episode of The Moneymaze, some of the walls of the maze fell over during the $10,000 Dash.

TimK2003

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2022, 10:03:25 PM »
A minor malfunction, but in Tom Kennedy's Split Second finale, when he turns on the answer-value lights, one of the spring-loaded buttons came flying off the podium after it was pressed.

Tom quickly commented, comparing the breakage to the last show.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2022, 09:09:17 AM »
An ever-so-small prop's demise:

aaron sica

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2022, 11:23:36 AM »
The Joker’s Wild contestant who pulled the Face the Devil lever a little too hard. Jack exclaimed “You broke our set!”

I remember seeing this when I was around 6 or 7 and I legit thought Jack was angry.

CeleTheRef

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2022, 10:22:15 AM »
In Italy one of the water tanks of the final round of Ciao Darwin broke and flooded the stage  ;D

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2022, 11:48:29 AM »
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the time a TPiR contestant amped up on Red Bull spun the Big Wheel so hard it came loose from its mountings, rolled into the audience and crashed through the back wall.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Kevin Prather

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2022, 11:55:15 AM »
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the time a TPiR contestant amped up on Red Bull spun the Big Wheel so hard it came loose from its mountings, rolled into the audience and crashed through the back wall.

AGTOT?

nowhammies10

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2022, 12:16:45 PM »

Right, that guy from Rhode Island. The heck was his name, again?

JMFabiano

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2022, 12:43:11 PM »

Right, that guy from Rhode Island. The heck was his name, again?

He was on Wheel of Fortune too, IIRC.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2022, 01:26:00 PM »

AGTOT?

BrandonFG

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2022, 02:49:25 PM »
He also tripped over a rock on Survivor, and damaged the backdrop only to reveal the TPiR set. CBS should really do something about that guy.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!