Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Holiday PYL on ABC 12/6  (Read 1697 times)

BillCullen1

Holiday PYL on ABC 12/6
« on: December 05, 2022, 01:48:16 PM »
Airs at 9 pm ET. We also have Celeb WOF at 8 pm and $100K Pyramid at 10 pm. Be there, aloha

Clay Zambo

Re: Holiday PYL on ABC 12/6
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 10:25:58 AM »
I thought the Pyramid was a lot of fun, if not spectacularly so. Set decoration was tasteful.

I haven't watched Wheel beyond the first few moments to see their decor, which was as I expected lovely.

PYL wins the prize, though, for going the extra mile and remixing the theme music to include lots of bells and strings. Totally charming. (And a good episode, too.)
czambo@mac.com

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 11:04:28 AM »
For me the Pyramid decorations were a bit of a surprise as I don't recall them decorating the set as much as they did here. I agree that PYL wins the prize for the best decorations.

That Don Guy

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 12:16:04 PM »
PYL wins the prize, though, for going the extra mile and remixing the theme music to include lots of bells and strings. Totally charming. (And a good episode, too.)

Could have gone one step further, and put the Whammys in green capes.

Also, was there a Christmas Whammy animation for when somebody had zero? I remember one that mentioned taking the contestant's money, but they had zero, and they did use one of the non-Christmas zero ones earlier in the show.

weaklink75

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 12:37:14 PM »

Could have gone one step further, and put the Whammys in green capes.

Also, was there a Christmas Whammy animation for when somebody had zero? I remember one that mentioned taking the contestant's money, but they had zero, and they did use one of the non-Christmas zero ones earlier in the show.

There wasn't- I'm assuming they wanted to make sure they showed all the Christmas-specific Whammys so that's why they used the one on a zero hit..

Clay Zambo

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 04:34:05 PM »
I will note one TINY bad edit, which surely slipped in during Post, 'cause Rich DiPirro would *never* let it happen live: During the very first spin of the game, there's a reverse-angle shot that shows a Whammy in the up position for the contestant spinning.
czambo@mac.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 04:39:45 PM »
I admit I haven't watched too much of this version but this was a really fun episode all the way down to Kenny G doing a Christmas tune to close out the show. For so long, it felt like a lotta daytime shows stopped doing holiday episodes, so it was fun watching Christmas episodes of this and Pyramid.

/Got a laugh out of Elizabeth admitting she just peed a little
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!