Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN to revive Split Second  (Read 35812 times)

SuperMatch93

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

BillCullen1

Re: GSN to revive Split Second
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 11:04:06 AM »
Wow, this one came out of nowhere. I wonder if Monty Hall's estate still own the rights.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 05:47:41 PM »
Wow, this one came out of nowhere. I wonder if Monty Hall's estate still own the rights.
They do not. Here's the story from last year about the sale of Hatos-Hall's assets.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/lets-make-a-deal-marcus-lemonis-nancy-glass-1235038015/

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 03:16:54 PM »
Can Your First Impression, Chain Letter 3 for the Money or It's Anybody's Guess be revived for low stakes?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 04:21:41 PM »
Can Your First Impression, Chain Letter 3 for the Money or It's Anybody's Guess be revived for low stakes?

"Game respects game."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Allstar87

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 11:45:19 AM »

Of the four, I could see 3 For The Money working best on GSN; a solid trivia game that I feel didn't get a fair shake in '75. If you want to keep the same-players-all-week angle, swap the car out for a trip and you're good to go.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 01:45:01 PM »
Split Second seems a good fit for GSN. It's a 3-player game where values are doubled in round 2, the 3rd round is more or less on the clock, and it has room for a bonus round. All that's needed is to eliminate a player in round 2 and they're all set.
This signature is currently under construction.

That Don Guy

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »

Of the four, I could see 3 For The Money working best on GSN; a solid trivia game that I feel didn't get a fair shake in '75. If you want to keep the same-players-all-week angle, swap the car out for a trip and you're good to go.

3 For The Money would need a complete rules revamp, especially in the final 2-minute round when the clock stops every time the lead changes hands.
Maybe if there were three rounds - the first two are played like the first round on the original (one player at a time on one team against 1, 2, or 3 players on the other), but each team is "in control" for a round, and the third round is more or less a straightforward 3-on-3 buzz-in round.

Or, make the first two rounds more like what they did on Genius Junior; two minutes - one player is asked a question; if correct, the next player on the team is asked the next question, but if incorrect, the next player has to try to answer the same question, and a question isn't changed until either answered correctly or all three players on the team miss.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2022, 02:46:53 PM »
Your First Impression depended on celebrities. Could GSN's numbers pull any weighty celebs to stop by? According to Monty's book, the show just barely squeaked by every renewal period for two and a half years until finally letting it drop. None of the other shows reached 26 weeks. I liked Chain Letter, but you'd need player categories that have a very wide list of subjects. Unlike most category games, Chain Letter called for contestants to come up with an answer where the first letter of the new answer has to be the same as the LAST letter of the previous answer (category: vegetables. Potato-Okra-Asparagus-Snow peas-Spinach - etc, etc). Makes one wonder how long it could go before repeating categories. My four cents, anyway... (due to inflationary trends)

tyshaun1

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2023, 11:20:59 AM »
And now we have a host: John Michael Higgins from America Says. I like this choice.
https://www.buzzerblog.com/2023/02/27/gsn-announces-revival-of-classic-game-show-split-second/

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2023, 02:57:51 PM »
As long as John stops reading when the first person buzzes in, I'm there.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2023, 03:11:21 PM »
JMH has really grown on me. I like that he’s no longer the Mr. Game Show caricature from the first couple seasons, and has really grown into the role. I could see this working…the 4-8-6 Countdown Round intrigues me.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SuperMatch93

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2023, 03:40:38 PM »
I'm glad they thought of a different bonus round than a variant of "pick the right box."
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2023, 05:35:55 PM »
I'm glad they thought of a different bonus round than a variant of "pick the right box."

.....and especially nice that it somewhat resembles the maingame.

Wouldn't mind seeing how this turns out.....sadly, the cord's been cut in this house.

/not the first time he's ruminated about SS's bonus rounds not fitting the rest of the show

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2023, 07:02:30 PM »
Wouldn't mind seeing how this turns out.....sadly, the cord's been cut in this house.
YoutubeTV is a decent alternative, although I’m sure GSN will post a preview episode at some point in April.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!