Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN to revive Split Second  (Read 35775 times)

BillCullen1

Re: GSN to revive Split Second
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2023, 06:32:24 PM »
The one show currently on GSN where people buzz in before a question is finished is Catch 21. But those episodes are over 10 years old. Most of the time though, they come up with the correct answer.

Also, if Higgins is hosting Split Second, it means America Says is out of production.

Wow, 3,000 posts. Bartender . . .

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2023, 06:46:55 PM »
I'm sure researchers and focus groups and whatever other homogenizing forces have convinced producers that the average viewer does not.

Hey, if they wanna stage a broken version of the game, they can do that. I haven't been GSN's target audience for a solid decade anyhow.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SamJ93

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2023, 07:00:59 PM »
Also, if Higgins is hosting Split Second, it means America Says is out of production.

What makes you think that? Knowing GSN, after banging out 65 episodes of one show, they'll flip the sets over and shoot 65 eps. of the other all within a month.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2023, 07:16:23 PM »
The beauty of Jeopardy is very much that the home audience gets those few extra seconds to process each clue, which exponentially adds to the "play along" factor.  Apparently, the decision has been made that "Split Second" will benefit from the same sort of structure.  I'll still have a soft spot for the more dynamic and strategic original version.

I think there's distance between Jeopardy and the stodgy pace of the Monty version. Remaining optimistic.
czambo@mac.com

chad1m

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2023, 10:11:29 PM »
Game Show Network snuck its first preview of Split Second onto its primetime lineup tonight.

https://youtu.be/372conJsAdU

Sodboy13

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2023, 10:56:50 PM »
It looks nice with all the red and gold, at least.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

SamJ93

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2023, 11:07:15 AM »
The set does look pretty decent. Looks like scoring is in points instead of dollars...not really surprising given the precedent that GSN's other originals have set, but it does make the Countdown round seem kind of redundant.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2023, 11:13:43 AM »
Well, if they wanted to tell fans of the original that this was watered down, they could hardly do better than "words that rhyme with 'think'". But the set looks nice enough, and JMH is a fine host; I'm still looking forward to it.
czambo@mac.com

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2023, 11:47:21 AM »
This is like the least important thing but putting the host on the right side of the screen looks weird.
This signature is currently under construction.

BrandonFG

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2023, 12:28:41 PM »
This is like the least important thing but putting the host on the right side of the screen looks weird.
That crossed my mind as well, although I do love the giant stopwatch as a game board.

The set is nice, but too “warm” for me. I wouldn’t mind it being red during the Countdown and bonus rounds to emphasize the tension, but a cool blue for the main game.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2023, 02:29:05 PM »

Barry and Enright say "Hi".

BillCullen1

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2023, 12:24:09 AM »
We have a premiere date. April 17 at 7:30 pm ET, after their other new show Switch.

Sodboy13

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2023, 11:16:20 PM »
That is a hell of a time slot to plop your new game show into.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2023, 11:38:23 PM »
Right?

I hope they can find a space for reruns.

(Kind of an interesting gauntlet of Master Minds, People Puzzler, Switch and America Says soon to be Split Second.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2023, 05:36:37 PM »
GSN is doing an informal survey...the last question leads me to believe we'll get a sneak peek on Youtube of this or Hey Yahoo like they've done with other shows.

https://twitter.com/GameShowNetwork/status/1641560937898577920
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!