Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Host Bloopers -- Accidentally Mentioning Prior Gigs  (Read 5079 times)

Casey

Re: Host Bloopers -- Accidentally Mentioning Prior Gigs
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 04:14:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure Peter Tomarken told someone they hit a Whammy on Wipeout when they wiped out at one time.  He said at the time he knew that was going to happen.

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 05:05:42 PM »
I'm pretty sure Peter Tomarken told someone they hit a Whammy on Wipeout when they wiped out at one time.  He said at the time he knew that was going to happen.
*Fast Money buzz* See Tim's first post. ;-)

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Casey

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2022, 08:00:38 PM »
*Fast Money buzz* See Tim's first post. ;-)
I knew I'd seen it somewhere ;)

Otm Shank

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2022, 12:27:53 PM »
I'm glad Casey did it before I did the same thing

Bob Zager

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2022, 04:38:14 PM »
I recall Jack Narz saying to a solo-round contestant on NYSI, that $1.000 would be added to the Jackpot, on "the next Concentration!"

When Buzzr was airing Concentration, w/Narz, he goofed up when saying, in the Double Play game, solve the first puzzle, and win $100,000!  Narz then not only corrected the error, but said he was confusing the show, with his "brother's show."

Eric Paddon

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2022, 05:55:18 PM »
There's an All Star Blitz where at one point, Peter sounds like he's about to say, "Can't put an...." during the game play but stops himself in the nick of time before he would have said "an x there".

What was hilarious about Rafferty on 87 BB thanking the contestant for playing "a great game of Card Sharks" is that Eubanks CS aired directly opposite Rafferty BB.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2022, 11:01:32 AM »
Just randomly screened an episode of Chain Reaction where Bill introduced Fred Grandy as being from The Love Experts  ;D

jmangin

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2022, 01:13:33 PM »
Somewhere in the '90s, there's a TPIR where Bob starts to sign off from Truth or Consequences after the Showcase -- "Bob Barker hoping all of your...prices are right."
Recorded with a potato and copied X number of times via VHS, but here you are:
https://youtu.be/Xpoe-WL0olI

Stackertosh

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2022, 05:49:32 PM »
Somewhere in the '90s, there's a TPIR where Bob starts to sign off from Truth or Consequences after the Showcase -- "Bob Barker hoping all of your...prices are right."
Recorded with a potato and copied X number of times via VHS, but here you are:
https://youtu.be/Xpoe-WL0olI

That was a good save
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 05:59:42 PM by Stackertosh »

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2023, 08:19:20 PM »

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2023, 10:34:47 PM »
Another one from Peter Marshall: During his HS Game Show Week guest host episode, he almost called Rod Roddy "Kenny" before catching himself midway through.

Stackertosh

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2023, 10:50:38 AM »
Another one from Peter Marshall: During his HS Game Show Week guest host episode, he almost called Rod Roddy "Kenny" before catching himself midway through.

I thought he was joking

whewfan

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2023, 08:07:17 PM »
Peter Marshall made other flubs on The Reel to Reel Picture Show. He once said to the players "Welcome to the Hol..." even after all these years he didn't get HS out of his head! He also blew puzzle solutions by revealing answers to questions the player got wrong, which he wasn't supposed to do. He tried to cover it up by saying "let's pretend that didn't happen." Overall, Peter looked quite ill at ease with this format. It wasn't HS or All Star Blitz, heck he hosted Yahtzee better, but straight trivia was just a new thing for him. Tom Poston was on Reel to Reel, and while he made a career of playing clueless characters, it was no fun to see him GENUINELY clueless with movie trivia.