Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classics coming to GSN 11/28  (Read 10222 times)

snowpeck

Re: Classics coming to GSN 11/28
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 01:27:09 PM »
The night of 12/20 features a Bruner WML? with Fannie Flagg as the mystery guest and the 4/16/62 IGAS with Jonathan Winters.

Night three has a Bruner WML? with Betty White as the mystery guest (and Allen Ludden on the panel) and the 1/28/63 IGAS with Boris Karloff.

Night four has a Bruner WML? with Rich Little as the mystery guest and the 9/9/63 IGAS with Phil Silvers.

Night five has another Bruner WML?, this one with Joe Frazier as the mystery guest and Peter Marshall on the panel. IGAS is 11/18/63 with Allan Sherman.

Night of 12/26 has a Bruner WML? with Bill Cullen as the mystery guest and the 7/1/63 IGAS with Jack E. Leonard.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 12:58:56 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2022, 10:08:22 AM »
Looks like, at least for the 1-3pm classics block, GSN has pulled the plug early on it. MG returns to the 1-2pm hour this coming Monday, 12/19.  The WML and IGAS overnight showings are intact.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2022, 02:00:54 PM »
Night of 12/26 has a Bruner WML? with Bill Cullen as the mystery guest

This is exciting.  Adam had been alerted to this a while ago, and of course he shared it with me, but we've been keeping it under our hats.  David Schwartz, the GSN archivist who chooses these shows, insists that this Cullen episode of WML aired once before, early-early-early in GSN's existence, but none of us seem to have recorded it at the time.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2022, 02:38:32 PM »
This is exciting.  Adam had been alerted to this a while ago, and of course he shared it with me, but we've been keeping it under our hats.  David Schwartz, the GSN archivist who chooses these shows, insists that this Cullen episode of WML aired once before, early-early-early in GSN's existence, but none of us seem to have recorded it at the time.

Considering how much taping was going on when GSN launched, I fail to see how that's possible. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

snowpeck

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2022, 03:35:43 PM »

Considering how much taping was going on when GSN launched, I fail to see how that's possible. :)

You mean none of the three people who had GSN at the time taped it? Shocking.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2022, 06:39:28 PM »

You mean none of the three people who had GSN at the time taped it? Shocking.

Hey, I know I've told this story before, but I was recording GSN in 6-hour VHS-tape stretches at a time from Day One on a great big satellite dish we weren't using for anything at work.  My specific focus was on getting 70s episodes of WML and TTTT.  And somehow this still eluded me.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2022, 07:28:26 PM »
My specific focus was on getting 70s episodes of WML and TTTT.  And somehow this still eluded me.

In your defense, there was a LOT of '70s WML and TTTT on there in those days. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2022, 06:24:50 PM »
Here are some more hints of WML rarities airing on GSN, per the master of the Hollywood Squares:

Christmas time is always steeped in nostalgia and since many of my friends and fans know me from my TV game show work starting with "Hollywood Squares," you might want to mark your calendars this week and set your DVR machines to catch some rare ones. The Game Show Network has kindly notified me they will be showing a long-lost guest appearance I made on the panel of "What's My Line?" videotaped in November 1971 -- this particular episode has not been seen in 50 years! It will be on early Saturday morning, Christmas Eve at 3am Eastern/Pacific time -- or midnight out west if you have satellite Direct TV. A 1970 Betty White/Allen Ludden episode of equal obscurity will also be shown at the same time this Wednesday, December 21. Rich Little is scheduled for Friday. Wally Bruner was the host for this syndicated version. GSN will screen 1960s kinescopes of "I've Got A Secret" as well with old friend and film co-star ("The Rookie") Julie Newmar featured. These classic game shows are great fun to see again. (Pictured here is when I was "Mystery Guest" on "What's My Line?" in 1974.)