Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DoND UK apparently coming back  (Read 2230 times)

golden-road

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: DoND UK apparently coming back
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 04:46:32 PM »
From the article:

There have been discussions around Noel possibly returning but ITV decided they want to give the show a completely fresh look and feel...

I think they jumped the shark with Box 23, but honestly, UK Deal was the best version of Deal.

"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

rebelwrest

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 10:18:54 PM »
There have been discussions around Noel possibly returning but ITV decided they want to give the show a completely fresh look and feel...

I don't think they're going to bring back Noel because he now lives in New Zealand; although, that would be one heck of a commute.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2022, 12:41:06 AM »
From the article:

I think they jumped the shark with Box 23, but honestly, UK Deal was the best version of Deal.
I think there’s a case to be made for Deal Down Under, but again there’s a host issue, so that’s a drag.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 06:05:22 PM »
From the article:

I think there’s a case to be made for Deal Down Under, but again there’s a host issue, so that’s a drag.
Hosting issue aside, the UK and AUS versions of Deal are prime examples of how a show can work with two very different tones. I honestly can't think of another well known show that's been able to do that.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

tvmitch

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 12:53:27 PM »
Hosting issue aside, the UK and AUS versions of Deal are prime examples of how a show can work with two very different tones. I honestly can't think of another well known show that's been able to do that.
You could argue the successful US version set a third tone, completely different than the other two. A format chameleon. I do agree that the UK version was best.
You should follow me on Twitter

Kevin Prather

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 01:43:45 PM »
You could argue the successful US version set a third tone, completely different than the other two. A format chameleon. I do agree that the UK version was best.
And the Dutch version sets a fourth tone as a lottery extravaganza. For a game with so little meat to it, the format is absolutely brilliant in that respect.

colonial

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 08:42:05 AM »
And it appears ITV has picked up the DOND revival for a full series ...

https://deadline.com/2023/01/deal-or-no-deal-comeback-itv-stephen-mulhern-1235228717/

JD

tvmitch

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 01:37:01 PM »
And it appears ITV has picked up the DOND revival for a full series ...

https://deadline.com/2023/01/deal-or-no-deal-comeback-itv-stephen-mulhern-1235228717/
I think Stephen Mulhern is great. His "In For A Penny" show is hilarious. He'll definitely bring a different tone to the show than Noel.
You should follow me on Twitter