Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Apply: Contestants Wanted for the National Archive of Game Show History  (Read 1303 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
I'm proud to say that, on behalf of Buzzerblog, I am now working with the Strong Museum and the National Archive of Game Show History to produce a series of podcasts. These recordings will also be donated for preservation in the National Archive of Game Show History.

Contestants, in my opinion, are as important to the TV game show as the sets, the music, and the hosts. Part of what fascinates TV viewers about good game show contestants is that, although they're united in their quest for victory, winnings, or even fame, they come from all walks of life and bring their own unique stories -- and personalities -- to the table. Each episode of this project will feature a conversation between me and a former game show contestant. As a six-time contestant myself, I'm excited to learn all about their stories, their victories, the lessons they may have learned from their experiences, and how they feel about having had their own unique role in the ongoing story of TV game shows.

Were you a contestant on a game show? Would you like to talk about your experience for this project? Email me at strongcontestants@gmail.com . I can't wait to hear from you.

I would also appreciate any and all sharing of this post, whether it be on social media or among friends you know who were on game shows. I'm excited beyond words to talk to as many contestants as possible. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 11:00:31 AM by DoorNumberFour »
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

BillCullen1

Re: Apply: Contestants Wanted for the National Archive of Game Show History
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 11:50:45 AM »
Christian, good to hear from you again. I remember your appearance on Match Game. Glad you got a new gig. From someone who recently visited it, the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester, NY is a great place for the young and young at heart. The archives posted on this site have interesting stories and tidbits.

I never made it on a game show (God knows I tried) so we won't get to chat, but you will no doubt get great stories from the people you interview. Good luck, I'm rooting for you.

nowhammies10

Re: Apply: Contestants Wanted for the National Archive of Game Show History
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2022, 11:57:59 AM »
Congrats on the gig, my friend! I can't wait to hear the interviews when completed.   ;D