Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr schedule change, Q4  (Read 16814 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Buzzr schedule change, Q4
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2022, 09:20:23 PM »
In all fairness I don't think Matt is being literal. I don't think it's the dumbest thing in the world, but I get what he meant.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022, 12:07:18 AM »
When Whew! first started, I remember hearing that it was one of the most popular shows on the network.  AFAIK, we've never seen any actual ratings but after a year on the schedule, it probably isn't doing as well for them anymore.  I guess the move to early mornings was the first clue that maybe it wasn't going to last much longer.

I'm very grateful for the approx. eight months of shows I never saw the first time around.  Hopefully it (and maybe another rare surprise) will come back on the schedule at some point.  Maybe they're just "resting" it before they add the rest of the non-civilian shows.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

snowpeck

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2022, 01:11:09 AM »
I seem to remember at least part of the 8AM hour getting preempted for infomercials for several weeks around the holidays last year as well, so it may only be a temporary thing.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

snowpeck

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2022, 08:51:31 PM »
Buzzr has started running a promo for the addition of Kroeger's season, or as they word it: "The Newlywed Game with Bob and/or Gary".

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M3HIvdck403ub6sOPsh17Mn0dNgqTbsb/view?usp=share_link
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2022, 11:15:06 PM »
Just saw a promo for a Veterans Day marathon starting tomorrow at 4. The marathon features Armed Forces episodes of MG90 and Karn’s Feud.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2022, 03:11:13 PM »
Looks like CC and P+ move forward in their runs starting this Monday, and Perry CS started moving forward this past Monday (with episode 499).  TT moves back from 478 (1/6/76) to 285 (4/9/75).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

SRIV94

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2022, 05:22:35 PM »
OK, I'm confused.  Buzzer's online sked shows they were supposed to air TT episode 459 at 1:30 ET on 11/16 (believe this would've been the Bobby Van-hosted episode of Emcee Week with Barker/Convy/Rayburn).  Instead, they showed an episode from 1983 with Rebecca Holden, TK Carter and some guy from Capitol.  I can place the week it aired, but can't place the day.  Anyone know offhand?

And for that matter, anyone know why the switch?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 10:51:43 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

snowpeck

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2022, 07:46:56 PM »
OK, I'm confused.  Buzzer's online sked shows they were supposed to air TT episode 463 at 1:30 ET on 11/16 (believe this would've been the Bobby Van-hosted episode of Emcee Week with Barker/Convy/Rayburn).  Instead, they showed an episode from 1983 with Rebecca Holden, TK Carter and some guy from Capitol.  I can place the week it aired, but can't place the day.  Anyone know offhand?

And for that matter, anyone know why the switch?
It seems it was an accident. Episode 459 from 1975 was scheduled, but they instead ran episode 459 of the 80s version. They did that once before with Card Sharks. In a time slot that was supposed to be Perry they ran a Eubanks episode that had the same episode number as the scheduled Perry one.

SRIV94

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2022, 10:52:32 PM »
It seems it was an accident. Episode 459 from 1975 was scheduled, but they instead ran episode 459 of the 80s version. They did that once before with Card Sharks. In a time slot that was supposed to be Perry they ran a Eubanks episode that had the same episode number as the scheduled Perry one.
Thx, Greg.  (And thx for catching that I actually meant to type 459 instead of 463.  :) )

So that puts the one mistakenly aired as the 11/28/83 episode.
Doug

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2022, 11:06:59 PM »
Honestly, I find the 1980s version of the show to be generally superior.  A lot of the questions are generally smarter and show the evolution of both women in relationship dynamics and within the broader culture, AND aving theme weeks where the pairs on the show absolutely weren't married allowed them to change up the questions altogether AND avoid the nonsense where they were partnering up obviously LGBTQ celebs with other people and having to play pretend.   Better theme, too.

I'd love if Buzzr ran the 80s version "accidentally" for a lot longer than a couple of episodes, tbh.

chrisholland03

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2022, 08:58:51 AM »
I'm a big fan of the 'Places please' intro, and I do like the expansion beyond married/dating couples.  I do think the 80s version lacked the star power of the 70s version, which makes the replay value a little harder. 

BillCullen1

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2022, 09:56:04 AM »
I'm a big fan of the 'Places please' intro, and I do like the expansion beyond married/dating couples. 

I agree. I also thought the theme music here was better than the 70s version. They also used different sound effects. I remember on one show with mothers and daughters, Zsa Zsa took forever to sit in her chair, so they could not move that prop backstage till she sat down. I remember Johnny O chuckling.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2022, 01:49:19 PM »
I'm a big fan of the 'Places please' intro, and I do like the expansion beyond married/dating couples.

I thought the intro was better when Johnny O. (or whoever the announcer was during the first couple of weeks of the 70s version) named all the couples at the top. It also seemed less clunky than the first version of the 80s intro where it repeats itself "From TV City, it's TT! ... Welcome to the game of celebrity gossip, TT!"

SRIV94

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2022, 06:53:35 PM »
I thought the intro was better when Johnny O. (or whoever the announcer was during the first couple of weeks of the 70s version) named all the couples at the top.
Believe it was Jack Clark.

Preferred the 70s theme myself (the 80s theme sounded more like a TPiR cue to my ears), and the 70s effects (although they did carry over the time's up bell to the 80s version).  But the 70s version tended to ramble more (seemed like they had "extra time" more often in the 80s version).  (And I strongly disliked the first format.  It found its footing a lot better when it went all "quickies.")
Doug

tvwxman

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »
Always was a fan of the 80s version more (and i LOVE that theme more than the original)....

I actually surprised this hasn't been brought back yet.  Especially considering the 'lack of star power' of many celebrities doesn't stop other shows from booking them .
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"