Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr schedule change, Q4  (Read 16813 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Buzzr schedule change, Q4
« on: September 27, 2022, 05:04:52 PM »
Per their Facebook Page:

• PYL Returns to the schedule
  • MGHS is gone
  • MG and LMAD takes its place.

chargeradiocom

Re: Buzzr schedule change, Q4
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 05:13:06 PM »
MGHSH is keeping its late night slot it looks like, per TV Passport. Still, this does look to possibly be its last hurrah.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 05:26:30 PM »
As much as I'd love to see TalkAbout return to the 11 pm slot, LMAD works for me. A couple years ago, it was fun watching it at 11:30 when I got home from work.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 06:20:36 PM »
Do we have any indication of the total viewership of the channel between the broadcast stuff and streaming options?
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 07:35:11 PM »
You can see the full new schedule on Buzzr's website here (schedule for Oct. 11 linked).
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 05:40:01 PM »
Paid programming will replace Whew! & Talk About starting 11/7.
Also, The Newlywed Game "season 1" will begin on 11/9. Wouldn't have expected them to run the Kroeger season and reduce Bob's presence. Eh well.

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 06:35:35 PM »
Also, The Newlywed Game "season 1" will begin on 11/9. Wouldn't have expected them to run the Kroeger season and reduce Bob's presence. Eh well.

Seriously?  They're not just referring to 1997 as "Season 1"  (as in, Eubanks' S1)?  Well this will be...interesting.  (a certain online commentator said the 1998 season was the perfect combo of what 1996 and 1997 tried to do) 

And W! and TA leaving (and MG/HS being scaled back, though they've been doing so with recent changes) makes me wonder about Buzzr's keeping their "forbidden door" open.  Are the days of jaw-dropping acquisitions over, and we're seeing a new Buzzr that doesn't care as much about the rarities? 
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Blanquepage

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 06:37:23 PM »

Seriously?  They're not just referring to 1997 as "Season 1"  (as in, Eubanks' S1)? 

Doubtful since Eubanks' 97 return was numbered as season 2.

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 07:02:12 PM »
When Buzzr last aired Paid Programming and/or the weekend educational crap, didn't they just do that for their Buzzr over-the-air diginets only?

I though the Buzzr website and many of the Roku, etc..etc... streams just aired a 3rd run of some of the previous night's game shows.

snowpeck

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2022, 07:30:09 PM »
When Buzzr last aired Paid Programming and/or the weekend educational crap, didn't they just do that for their Buzzr over-the-air diginets only?

I though the Buzzr website and many of the Roku, etc..etc... streams just aired a 3rd run of some of the previous night's game shows.
Right, there's no paid programming on the digital streams. It repeats the previous night's primetime block.

And when Buzzr first acquired The Newlywed Game, one of their press releases or interviews on the topic mentioned they'd eventually come back around to Kroeger but only after they had ran both of Bob's seasons. How many shows were in the 1998-99 season? They will have only aired 65 (minus a couple of skips) at that point.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Blanquepage

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 07:44:25 PM »

Right, there's no paid programming on the digital streams. It repeats the previous night's primetime block.

And when Buzzr first acquired The Newlywed Game, one of their press releases or interviews on the topic mentioned they'd eventually come back around to Kroeger but only after they had ran both of Bob's seasons. How many shows were in the 1998-99 season? They will have only aired 65 (minus a couple of skips) at that point.

Ah, clearly I didn"t read that press release. The last episode is numbered 3065, were there only 13 weeks taped for season 3?

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 08:45:43 PM »
Ah, clearly I didn"t read that press release. The last episode is numbered 3065, were there only 13 weeks taped for season 3?

Probably? The last reference to the show in the present or future tense in Broadcasting (and/or Cable) is September 1998 referencing the new season. It honestly might be one of the more stark examples of "going out with a whimper" in syndication history.

Most references from 1997-98 essentially say the Dating-Newlywed hour and individual ratings had been a ratings disaster in season 1, and only improved moderately with the reboots with Eubanks-Woolery for season 2. B&C largely ignores both shows' existence after Spring '98.

Buzzr stopped season 2 at 130 shows (which is approx. the same number of shows GSN were running in rotation in 2001-02), which suggests that production was probably suspended early and they just looped the 26 weeks they made an entire time through and waited to see if stations wanted to go around again. Enough stations said yes, so season 3 comes, numbers are even worse (multiple game, dating, and court shows debuted that year), stations hit eject, production stops after 65 shows. There's a vague reference in a May '99 B&C regarding a producer hire that speaks of both shows in the definite past tense.

Meanwhile, contemporary ATGS posts functionally ignore the show starting shortly after the host change except for occasionally making fun of how often GSN reran the show, the constant reboots, and that the reruns on cable seemed to outlive the show but they assumed it was still on locally because of the simulcast. 

calliaume

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2022, 09:37:16 PM »
Gary Kroeger's Facebook page makes no mention of this, which leads me to take a wait-and-see approach. By contrast, Annie Wood had BZZZ!'s return to television on her social media pages about ten minutes after the official announcement.

whewfan

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2022, 08:24:10 PM »

Dumbest thing in the world, dumping Whew! and not giving us a chance to see the many civilian episodes they skipped over.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2022, 09:06:10 PM »

Dumbest thing in the world, dumping Whew! and not giving us a chance to see the many civilian episodes they skipped over.

Yes folks, everything going on in the world right now, from the war in Ukraine to the economic instability to everything else, pales in comparison to a digital television subchannel choosing to remove something from their schedule. Priorities, people.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022