Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This....Is..... Jeopardy! Radio.  (Read 1972 times)

TimK2003

This....Is..... Jeopardy! Radio.
« on: September 22, 2022, 01:06:16 PM »
Now available on the TuneIn radio app:

Jeopardy! Radio and Jeopardy! Radio Classics.

24/7 streaming channels of J! shows (AUDIO only, no video).  I've been listening to the Classics channel and they are running audio episodes from Season One.

It's an interesting experience without all the visuals.

Enjoy!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: This....Is..... Jeopardy! Radio.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 07:40:40 PM »
Pardon me for sounding like a wet blanket, because this is really cool, but…

doesn’t this kinda feel redundant? Because the Radio channel at the time of my post was airing the second season premiere.

I know it’s an odd complaint to make, I just think it’s kinda weird that you’ve got one channel labeled classic and they both seem to have the same programming. Unless I’m missing something, in which case I’ll withdraw the point.

(I really do like the concept either way…kinda reminds me of the days where you could buy a radio that picked up TV signals on top of AM and FM.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

snowpeck

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 08:34:55 PM »
Pardon me for sounding like a wet blanket, because this is really cool, but…

doesn’t this kinda feel redundant? Because the Radio channel at the time of my post was airing the second season premiere.

I know it’s an odd complaint to make, I just think it’s kinda weird that you’ve got one channel labeled classic and they both seem to have the same programming. Unless I’m missing something, in which case I’ll withdraw the point.

(I really do like the concept either way…kinda reminds me of the days where you could buy a radio that picked up TV signals on top of AM and FM.)
The classic channel has been playing season 1 episodes all day. So far, it seems the other channel is pulling from the selection of episodes that are already on Pluto.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 09:02:42 AM »
Did the remove the ring-in sound early in season 1?  I've been listening off and on and earlier in the week the sound was there, later it was gone.

Glad they removed audience reactions to right/wrong answers too.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 03:49:48 PM »
Did the remove the ring-in sound early in season 1?

Yes; the earliest I've seen it gone is the first full week of November 1984, but it could have been a bit earlier. Given its infamy, I thought the sound maybe lasted half the season.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck