Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New GSN "Great Moments" promo  (Read 4112 times)

zachhoran

New GSN "Great Moments" promo
« on: March 03, 2004, 09:44:59 AM »
A GSN "great moments" promo seen today during the 9:30AM Feud showed a clip of the $64K Bonus stunt win from Beat the Clock in 1956. THis was the first time I'd seen this Great Moments clip, so this might be a hint that they intend to keep the Black and White overnight from 4-5AM for the near future.

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 11:03:07 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 09:44 AM\'] A GSN "great moments" promo seen today during the 9:30AM Feud showed a clip of the $64K Bonus stunt win from Beat the Clock in 1956. THis was the first time I'd seen this Great Moments clip, so this might be a hint that they intend to keep the Black and White overnight from 4-5AM for the near future. [/quote]
 That's encouraging. Hope you're right. Gabe's big $64000 win was exciting stuff. I remember Bud Collyer saying, "I am really glad you won. You don't know how glad we are that you won" no doubt because of the flack that would have resulted with that stunt and that bonus jackpot being discontinued with Hazel Bishop taking over as sponsor the following week. Too bad about Bev being dumped after that show, though.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 12:51:47 PM »
B&W Overnight is on the Adlink schedule as far as it goes, April 19-25:

http://adlink.com/resource_center/programm...04&endtime=1770.

Beat the Clock shows up on the weekends, with Password and What's My Line as the other offerings. Sure, the Adlink schedules aren't always accurate. But B&WO looks safe for the forseeable future, especially if it's getting promos on the network.

Never was a big fan of any of the current three shows, with the possible exception of BtC. Some of the Beat the Clock stunts were pleasantly goofy in an odd anticipation of Cram. But Bud Collyer's hosting style was always a bit too oily for me, though I'll admit that the wackiness on BtC rubbed some of the oiliness off. On To Tell the Truth, the slickery got on my nerves more.

My fave on B&W Overnight was I've Got a Secret. Sadly, the show isn't running right now. It's the only show that might tempt me to program the VCR.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 01:50:13 PM by CaseyAbell »