The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

GSN Goes Dark On Dish Amid Carriage Dispute

(1/2) > >>

Kniwt:
https://deadline.com/2022/09/game-show-network-dark-dish-carriage-dispute-1235109788/

--- Quote ---Sony Pictures TV-owned Game Show Network is no longer available on Dish after the two companies could not reach a new carriage agreement following eight months of negotiations.

As is the case in virtually any carriage dispute, the two parties issued dueling statements highlighting their position in the standoff and pointing fingers at the other side, with Dish claiming that their “goal and priority is to reach a fair agreement to bring this channel back as quickly as possible.”
--- End quote ---

Jimmy Owen:
Too bad but family feud can be seen on other outlets

aaron sica:

--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on September 08, 2022, 03:13:54 PM ---Too bad but family feud can be seen on other outlets

--- End quote ---

You're not wrong. :)

GSN was the reason that I *got* what was then known as DISH Network back in '96. Aside from a C-Band dish, if you didn't have the station on your cable (I would imagine very few did then), it was the only way to view live GSN.

clemon79:
Dish Network is holding their customers hostage in a carriage dispute? The hell you say.

Ian Wallis:

--- Quote from: aaron sica on September 09, 2022, 10:52:34 AM ---Aside from a C-Band dish, if you didn't have the station on your cable (I would imagine very few did then), it was the only way to view live GSN.

--- End quote ---

I got a C-band dish in the early '90s mainly to view GSN.  In fact, I still have it in my backyard, but haven't used it in quite a while and most of the major channels moved to digital quite a while ago.  I guess I should really have it taken down :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version