Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst Home Game You've Played...  (Read 6579 times)

alfonzos

Re: Worst Home Game You've Played...
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2022, 06:57:06 PM »
The worst home game I have played is Milton Bradley's PDQ. Both teams play on the same game board so when a team takes a lead there is no incentive to use helpful letters so as to hinder the opposing team . The solution is set up separate gameboards for the teams and a barrier so the teams can't see each other's boards. An emcee with a timer would make the teams adhere to time limits.

I admit I think Jackpot by Milton Bradley and Finders Keepers (with its empty boxes you are expected to fill in order to play) by Cardinal and both pretty bad but I haven't played either.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2022, 08:08:37 PM »
I admit I think Jackpot by Milton Bradley and Finders Keepers (with its empty boxes you are expected to fill in order to play) by Cardinal and both pretty bad but I haven't played either.

I actually played Jackpot once, as prescribed by the rules, dividing the wallets as equally as possible among who we had. It actually worked quite well...until we wanted to play game 2, and now 15 cardboard folders each needed a tiny slip of paper from the endless sheets of perforated riddles. We put it away.

Perhaps a design like Jeopardy! or Concentration, in which an entire game lived on a single sheet of paper, would have sufficed. Sure, there's potential for wasted material, but I've finally realized at this stage in my life that we'd never play anything often enough to exhaust the Q&A.

-Jason
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 06:55:43 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2022, 08:26:35 PM »
Finders Keepers (with its empty boxes you are expected to fill in order to play)
That explains why I never understood the game as a child. I cosign this tho.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!