Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Halloween 2022  (Read 3715 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Buzzr Halloween 2022
« on: October 31, 2022, 11:33:34 PM »
I'll admit that I didn't watch much of the three-day Halloween event (mostly because I kept forgetting it was on), but I did peek in during today's Halloween Family Feud festivities. Did the network offer any justification for the inclusion of the second half of a Love Boat all-star special in this Halloween marathon?

What I found interesting was the episode from Dawson's return in 1994, which may have been the first time a network ever aired only the first half of the hour-long Feud format.

More interesting, though, was that the show was about a month and a half into its run, and already everything was back to the way it was in the '80s. A contestant gave an answer that got a strike, at which point Richard decided that the answer should have been considered part of an answer already up on the board, and "asked" if the two were the same thing. Of course, the producer immediately yielded. Then, when the contestant got a strike for running out of time, Richard commanded that the buzzer should not last for so long. But the duration of the graphic and sound was now tied to a computer and not variable, so the person in charge of sound effects gave him a short buzz from the "try again" buzzer to satisfy his request.

And then Buzzr aired a Richard Karn episode in which it was revealed that he was fully aware of how he always defaulted to the phrase "draw first blood," and I had to go lie down for a while.

snowpeck

Re: Buzzr Halloween 2022
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 03:42:18 AM »
I'll admit that I didn't watch much of the three-day Halloween event (mostly because I kept forgetting it was on), but I did peek in during today's Halloween Family Feud festivities. Did the network offer any justification for the inclusion of the second half of a Love Boat all-star special in this Halloween marathon?
Only the presence of Jamie Lee Curtis in that half, since much of the rest of the marathon had been appearances by guests known for horror movies. Still doesn't make any sense to only play half of an hour long special.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Re: Buzzr Halloween 2022
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 09:09:44 AM »
Only the presence of Jamie Lee Curtis in that half, since much of the rest of the marathon had been appearances by guests known for horror movies. Still doesn't make any sense to only play half of an hour long special.

Her mother Janet Leigh was also there, and “Psycho” is about as horror as it gets.

I do agree in principle about not showing the whole thing, though.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)