Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows that premiered before the "official" date  (Read 1549 times)

aaron sica

Shows that premiered before the "official" date
« on: June 30, 2022, 11:09:36 AM »
In Scranton PA, WNEP premiered "Crosswits" at the beginning of August 1986, a full month before it went national. I stumbled upon KTLA showing $100,000 Pyramid in August 1985, a month before it went national as well. Did this happen anywhere else?

BrandonFG

Re: Shows that premiered before the "official" date
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 11:28:13 AM »
I’ve seen people mention that syndie “Wheel” premiered in late-August ‘83, a few weeks before the national rollout. I wanna say it was an Ohio station?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jamey Greek

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 11:54:44 AM »
I’ve seen people mention that syndie “Wheel” premiered in late-August ‘83, a few weeks before the national rollout. I wanna say it was an Ohio station?

Yes and they did a series of shows from the Ohio State fair.  Also, J! Premiered a week before the date it premiered that is listed on EOTVGS.

Bryce L.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 12:22:09 PM »

Yes and they did a series of shows from the Ohio State fair.  Also, J! Premiered a week before the date it premiered that is listed on EOTVGS.
Which makes me wonder, was EOTVGS citing the NY/LA debut dates for their "premiere" dates?

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 12:39:34 PM »
For J! it’s possible, but Wheel didn’t get NY or LA clearances until spring of ‘84.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 01:35:39 PM »
Which makes me wonder, was EOTVGS citing the NY/LA debut dates for their "premiere" dates?

As per newspapers.com, September 10 (11 if you want to be technical, as it was 1:30 a.m. on WNBC) was the NY premiere date. However, I think you're on to something for LA. September 17 is the LA premiere on KCBS at 4pm (in the listings of the Los Angeles Times as "New Jeopardy").