Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amusing moment from today's (6/29/22) Moore TTTT ep  (Read 5589 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Amusing moment from today's (6/29/22) Moore TTTT ep
« on: June 29, 2022, 08:35:08 AM »
Contestant team has the story of starting a limo company in part from winnings on a game show.

Peggy asks which show.
Contestant: " 'The $10,000 Pyramid'."
Bill: "Ol' Stingy Stewart!"  ;D
@lambertman

byrd62

Re: Amusing moment from today's (6/29/22) Moore TTTT ep
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 08:08:23 PM »
During the second half of this 1973-74 season TTTT episode, one of these three challengers is $10,000 Pyramid champion-turned-limousine owner Deborah Setmayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9pT1zaEY58
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 04:46:17 PM by byrd62 »

Bryce L.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2022, 08:17:35 PM »
Wasn't Moore/Garagiola TTTT bicycled? If it was, then that "airdate" is completely meaningless. (No disrespect meant to you, byrd62, but that uploader has a reputation for assigning bogus airdates to their uploads)

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 08:55:34 PM »
"And now all the real Deborah needs to do is to win another $10,000 to get gas for the limousine..."

Relevant in 1974, relevant in 2022.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chrisholland03

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 09:21:31 AM »
Wasn't Moore/Garagiola TTTT bicycled? If it was, then that "airdate" is completely meaningless. (No disrespect meant to you, byrd62, but that uploader has a reputation for assigning bogus airdates to their uploads)

Yes/No

Yes - TTTT was bicycled
No - Some bicycled shows have a primary airdate assigned (along with the recording date) representing the anticipated first airing in the distribution network.  These dates are sometimes on the slates, the runsheets, or stickers/slips provided with the media.   
Yes - the dates provided by the uploader are incorrect some percentage of time.  Sometimes they're ex-rectum, sometimes they correlate to a TV guide listing along with the ep number
No disrespect intended to you Bryce, but I'm missing why the airdate is relevant to the discussion here

Bryce L.

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022, 09:51:07 AM »
No disrespect intended to you Bryce, but I'm missing why the airdate is relevant to the discussion here
My reason for caring (not just on here, but in general), is that on Facebook, I produce PDF documents of the advance BUZZR schedules for people on my friends list, and I strive to keep them as factually accurate as possible. So, seeing superfluous information, such as a fake airdate, is a pet peeve for me (particularly where, if I make the mistake of sharing that false info in my work, I fully expect to get called out on it).

thomas_meighan

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 06:03:33 PM »
I believe these “airdates” correspond to when the episodes would theoretically have aired if every station began a new season in early September and aired every episode in production order. Neither was the case, of course.

The 1970-74 seasons of “Beat the Clock” would’ve had national airdates in Canada, where it was seen on CTV.

Marshall Akers

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2022, 07:01:15 PM »
Gotta admit…every time that fella posts a ‘70s-era TTTT to YouTube with a broadcast date, I wince a little.  On the plus side, the dates aren’t altogether wrong.  Take show 1721: production notes show that it was scheduled for broadcast 12/24/1973 – just as the video’s uploader claims – in Albany, Harrisburg, Scranton, and Seattle.  But at least four other cities were set to air that same show weeks earlier.  So technically it’s not the original airdate.  Not to mention that the scheduled date didn’t always work out as planned.  A former Goodson-Todman syndication staffer once told me that sometimes there were tape transit troubles, and sometimes stations put up the wrong shows even when the correct one was on hand.

But hey, maybe none of that’s the point.  There’s no disputing I have an incurable case of TTTT OCD, and I sure try to keep that in perspective.  From a 30,000 mile perch, the airing and posting of a 50-year-old panel show is always gonna be a blessing…in any form.  Maybe that’s the point.

Marshall
www.ttttontheweb.com

whewfan

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2022, 06:07:58 AM »
Regarding Pyramid, no other game show at that time was giving away potentially $10,000 (with a total of $20,000) per show. Cars were only $3000+ on the average. So, having $10,000 (before taxes) added to your income was life changing then.

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 11:49:56 AM »
Regarding Pyramid, no other game show at that time was giving away potentially $10,000 (with a total of $20,000) per show. Cars were only $3000+ on the average. So, having $10,000 (before taxes) added to your income was life changing then.
Absolutely. The average income was just under $10,000, and you could've bought a house for about 20K. That 10K is about 63K now, which would still make for a nice business investment today.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!