Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The earliest "Jeopardy" (first-run) airs  (Read 2400 times)

narzo

The earliest "Jeopardy" (first-run) airs
« on: July 02, 2022, 03:36:50 PM »
Next week, KXAN in Austin is expanding their news so first run J moves from 4pm to 3:30 pm (with the rerun episode at 3pm), and it got me wondering what is the earliest the current episodes air?  That has to be a contender.  "Jeopardy" has always been a late-afternoon early evening show it seems, so is anyplace airing it in outright daytime like this?  I know in some cases the "daytime jeopardy" gets shown early, but not the current series.

DoItRockapella

Re: The earliest "Jeopardy" (first-run) airs
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 03:56:06 PM »
I have no idea how up-to-date the below page is, but it's a good start. Apparently there are (or were when this was written) a few stations showing Jeopardy at 11AM local time.

http://jeopardy.mattcarberry.com/stations.html

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 03:56:43 PM »
Doesn't it air at 3 or 3:30 pm in Chicago? For years WFAA in Dallas aired new episodes at 3 pm, but I think it's since moved to an evening timeslot.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SamJ93

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 04:46:33 PM »
I remember that about 3-4 years ago, there was a user on the J! Reddit board who would post a link to each day's episode--until Sony inevitably shut him down. He once explained that he was able to post it early in the day because he recorded it off the affiliate in Montgomery, AL, which was airing it at 9:30AM at the time.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

trainman

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 11:44:40 PM »
As far as I can tell, the site DoItRockapella linked to is up to date.

So the answer to the question in the original post is that Tyler, Texas, and Jackson, Tennessee, both get it at 11:00 A.M. Central (which happens to be the same time it aired on NBC for most of the Art Fleming run). Honorable mention goes to Houston, where it airs at 11:30 A.M.
trainman is a man of trains

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2022, 12:09:53 AM »
So the answer to the question in the original post is that Tyler, Texas, and Jackson, Tennessee, both get it at 11:00 A.M. Central
Meridian, MS too.  It has been a morning show there since season 3, if not earlier.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2022, 04:48:22 AM »
Doesn't it air at 3 or 3:30 pm in Chicago? For years WFAA in Dallas aired new episodes at 3 pm, but I think it's since moved to an evening timeslot.

Here in Chicago WLS has always aired it at 3:30, except for a brief period when they bumped it to 2:30 to air Katie Couric's talk show at 3.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

gridlockjoe

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 11:32:00 AM »
In Houston, KTRK airs it at 11:30 am.

Lufkin's KTRE (a semi-satellite of Tyler's KLTV) follows its parent in airing J! at 11:00 am.

trainman

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2022, 01:07:15 AM »
Meridian, MS too.  It has been a morning show there since season 3, if not earlier.

J! now airs at 4:30 P.M. there (as of January 2022).
trainman is a man of trains

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2022, 08:39:23 AM »

J! now airs at 4:30 P.M. there (as of January 2022).
Jeopardy's site is incorrect, then.