The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Any updates on the Strong Museum's progress?

(1/2) > >>

Bob Zager:
Been a little over a year since the initial announcement.  Wondered if any opening date plans?

BillCullen1:
Someone mentioned in the Games Collection thread in the Off Topic section that it will take a few years of collection and research before any game show exhibit is available to the public at the Strong Museum. The toy and game and video game exhibits are open. I plan on going up there this summer.

Adam Nedeff:

--- Quote from: Bob Zager on June 27, 2022, 12:06:40 PM ---Been a little over a year since the initial announcement.  Wondered if any opening date plans?

--- End quote ---
Not yet. It's a matter of raising money for the physical building of the wing. As of right now, some really neat stuff has already been shipped off to the museum, which has massive storage facilities, and everything that's been donated is safely tucked away and cared for, for now, while we hope for the money to come together for a grand opening.

There's also an online element of the museum that we began working on in October 2021, and I'm hoping it will be made available to the public in the next few weeks so I can stop being coy about it.

BillCullen1:
I booked the hotel and my Amtrak ticket. I will be going in late August. I'll be sure to ask questions about the game show exhibit and report back.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: Adam Nedeff on June 28, 2022, 06:28:50 PM ---There's also an online element of the museum that we began working on in October 2021, and I'm hoping it will be made available to the public in the next few weeks so I can stop being coy about it.
--- End quote ---

Let me add that as one of the few "outsiders" who knows what Adam is talking about, I'm amazed he's managed to be coy about it this long.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version