Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New LMAD Primetine June 1 and June 8  (Read 2388 times)

BillCullen1

New LMAD Primetine June 1 and June 8
« on: May 31, 2022, 11:16:05 AM »
CBS, 8 pm ET. Two prizes being offered are $50,000 in cash and a cruise around the world.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 09:09:06 PM by BillCullen1 »

BrandonFG

Re: New LMAD Primetine June 1
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »
Some meat and potatoes here...tomorrow's episode features "legacy contestants" who appeared on past versions, as well as bloopers and classic clips. Apparently June 1 is now "National Let's Make a Deal Day".
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 08:09:06 PM »
Thanks Big Friendly Guy.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 02:55:29 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 09:04:03 PM »
And it's been asked who could take one of those 90-day cruises offered on Treasure Hunt in the 70s...  111 days.  Wow.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2022, 12:01:17 AM »
And it's been asked who could take one of those 90-day cruises offered on Treasure Hunt in the 70s...  111 days.  Wow.

I played it back to see if any of that $76,006 price tag included some tax relief or some supplemental income for the four months of work she's gonna have to miss. Didn't sound like it. Talk about a white elephant.

She mentioned her parents. Maybe they're retired and she can give them the gift of a lifetime.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 12:25:27 PM »
The most recent airing proves that they still either aren't getting the beats or do not understand the thrust of the show.  The safe cracker game was cutely evocative of Dream House, but offering $1,000 or 15 more seconds to win a ski boat? Who wouldn't take the extra time.

The very first deal with four keys and three boxes was spoiled quite a lot when the last contestant was given the chance to trade her key for a small box that contained the very car that was in one of the lockboxes. The Price is Right may suffer from uneven hosting but fun games and a joyous atmosphere covers lots of that, but when the either-or choices have no bite it's hard to stay invested.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 12:53:27 PM »
The most recent airing proves that they still either aren't getting the beats or do not understand the thrust of the show.  The safe cracker game was cutely evocative of Dream House, but offering $1,000 or 15 more seconds to win a ski boat? Who wouldn't take the extra time.
I don’t watch the show very often but the last time I did, I noticed Wayne offered maybe $1,500 at most to walk. Nothing to sneeze at, but Monty was offering close to $1,000 nearly 40-50 years ago, back when that was big money. Even the Canadian version offered solid buyouts.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 01:47:25 PM »

(J. Walter Weatherman:) And that's why you don't give up a car for a chance at the Big Deal.

She mentioned her parents. Maybe they're retired and she can give them the gift of a lifetime.

Trips aren't transferable. The best she could do is let one parent "accompany" her, then just not show up for her ticket (though she'd still be on the hook for the tax liability).

The safe cracker game was cutely evocative of Dream House, but offering $1,000 or 15 more seconds to win a ski boat? Who wouldn't take the extra time.

That seems like it's going to be a game that never hits the desired risk/reward balance. The only other time I saw that game played (on a daytime episode), the contestant didn't understand what was going on, got only one guess in on their first turn, and immediately bailed out. The contestant on tonight's episode quickly set himself up so that bailing out was never a reasonable option.

My biggest surprise from last night's episode? When Wayne offered to let the contestant exchange keys in the first deal, they were actually playing a variant of the Monty Hall Problem on Let's Make a Deal!

BillCullen1

Re: New LMAD Primetine June 1 and June 8
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 09:10:02 PM »
They're doing it again this Wednesday. 8 pm on CBS.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: New LMAD Primetine June 1 and June 8
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2022, 09:35:22 PM »
Thanks!
Travis L. Eberle