Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Acquisition: FYSA  (Read 5369 times)

aaron sica

GSN Acquisition: FYSA
« on: May 23, 2022, 12:48:54 PM »
Per TVGuide.com, "Funny You Should ask" joins GSN's schedule next Monday, 5/30, with two episodes running 7-8am (EST).

Jimmy Owen

Re: GSN Acquisition: FYSA
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 02:14:16 PM »
Definitely an upgrade from the infomercials that are in that slot now.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

jage

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 04:46:31 PM »
Must have been a cheap get, to just schedule it at 7 AM.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 05:20:22 PM »
I would say Byron paid GSN, but that isn’t likely. I guess it goes well with Match Game?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 05:38:47 PM »
The time is a bit odd considering 25 Words has a nice afternoon slot, but I think it fits in well with what GSN is apparently trying to accomplish. Fun, light-hearted daytime games for low stakes with some play-along value. And it's not taking a slot occupied by another game.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the first exposure to the show for many people. It aired at 10:30 am for a while here, but I wonder how many stations aired it in the middle of the night along with all the other Byron Allen shows?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Scrabbleship

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 09:29:12 PM »
The time is a bit odd considering 25 Words has a nice afternoon slot, but I think it fits in well with what GSN is apparently trying to accomplish. Fun, light-hearted daytime games for low stakes with some play-along value. And it's not taking a slot occupied by another game.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the first exposure to the show for many people. It aired at 10:30 am for a while here, but I wonder how many stations aired it in the middle of the night along with all the other Byron Allen shows?

I know it's been stuck in the middle of the night in Hartford since at least 2019-20 and I know that it airs late nights in Raleigh to think of two markets off the top of my head.

At least one market (Albany, NY) will have current FYSA up against the GSN reruns.

Allstar87

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 10:10:39 AM »
I would say Byron paid GSN, but that isn’t likely.

It appears that is indeed the case; the block of episodes was bookended with the disclaimer "The (following/preceding) programming is paid programming brought to you by the Allen Media Group".

Not a bad strategy, I will say. If you're going to have paid programming anyway, might as well have it match what you regularly show!

TimK2003

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2022, 10:22:53 AM »
I would say Byron paid GSN, but that isn’t likely.

It appears that is indeed the case; the block of episodes was bookended with the disclaimer "The (following/preceding) programming is paid programming brought to you by the Allen Media Group".

Not a bad strategy, I will say. If you're going to have paid programming anyway, might as well have it match what you regularly show!

So that likely means that Byron's company controls all ad breaks within the show airings, and thus collects most, if not all, of the ad revenue?

Allstar87

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2022, 12:20:20 PM »
So that likely means that Byron's company controls all ad breaks within the show airings, and thus collects most, if not all, of the ad revenue?

Knowing how Byron operates, that is almost certainly the case. I saw a lot of the same ads Justice Central shows, and ads for fellow Byron Allen platform TheGrio.

mmb5

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2022, 10:10:23 PM »
FYSA's time slot in Detroit is 8:30 AM, I wonder if it's a similar setup.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 04:52:42 PM »
I'm not sure why all of a sudden this is a big revelation; it's not that far removed from his usual barter syndication model. They can have the programming for free and he keeps most of the ad time, or they can charge him for the airtime and he keeps all of it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe