Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Successful game shows with no home editions  (Read 8340 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: Successful game shows with no home editions
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2022, 04:13:11 AM »
What about Ceasar's Challenge? Aside from a Bingo bowl of letters for the endgame...

Bob Zager

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2022, 11:57:01 AM »
The questions in the original High Rollers home game really did stink as described, but I used to enjoy playing the "Big Numbers," bonus round alone.  Of course, buy yourself one of those "Shut the Box," games.

BrandonFG

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2022, 01:14:11 PM »
The questions in the original High Rollers home game really did stink as described, but I used to enjoy playing the "Big Numbers," bonus round alone.  Of course, buy yourself one of those "Shut the Box," games.
One of the breweries near me has a Shut the Box game, and I’ve gotten my fiancée hooked. I keep meaning to buy a version.

/I also showed her an HR episode on YouTube
//She got a kick out of Trebek’s mustache and fro
///Would settle for an HR home game from eBay
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2022, 02:38:12 PM »
Many years ago I grabbed a set of number tiles from TPIR 86 and whiled away some time with a cousin playing the Big Numbers.

/I also brought some Upwords tiles to play the Winning Streak which was a massive hit, and that side of the family was always down for Instant Reaction.

BFG—I think I have a Shut the Box game laying around somewhere. If you don’t have any luck thirifting  one I’ll send my spare your way.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2022, 03:00:24 PM »
One of the breweries near me has a Shut the Box game, and I’ve gotten my fiancée hooked. I keep meaning to buy a version.

I recommend this variant. It's always a hit when we have people over.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2022, 02:26:59 PM »
All of those other sets that go up to 10 give anyone else a tic?

No? Just me?

/weirdly 12 doesn't bother me
//a set that goes to 12 can be modified to be three Insurance Markers
///but 10's just WRONG
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2022, 02:42:53 PM »
All of those other sets that go up to 10 give anyone else a tic?

No? Just me?

/weirdly 12 doesn't bother me
//a set that goes to 12 can be modified to be three Insurance Markers
///but 10's just WRONG
This is the one at the brewery around the corner. Seeing a 10th spot does bug me slightly.

/Then I have a beer and it's all good
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2022, 09:43:37 PM »

I recommend this variant. It's always a hit when we have people over.
Double Shutter is a whole bunch of fun playing for a little bit of money. We play it using the Insurance Marker rule, with each game starting with every player putting 25¢ in the pot. If you don't win on your turn, you have to throw in 5¢ for every number still up on the board.

Your local thrifting may vary, but I've picked up multiple copies for friends at Goodwill for $3.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Bob Zager

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2022, 11:59:59 AM »
I don't like it when such products are announced/advertised, but don't get released after all.  Although Cardinal released the "Party" game version of Hollywood Game Night; TDC Games was planning on releasing a full size board game back in 2014.  The company filed for bankruptcy protection and that explains why it never got released.  What was more stupid, while their case was pending, they showed at the 2015 Toy Fair, a stand-alone spin-off game based on the show's "Four Letter Words," game featuring special blindfolds.  Their display graphic described it as being the fun party game, "you'll never see!"