Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commercial break before any playing?  (Read 2879 times)

TimK2003

Re: Commercial break before any playing?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2022, 12:56:07 PM »
Password (Daytime original run)
I'm guessing this commercial is in the middle of the jump cut from Lee Vines saying "Yes! It's Password!" to him saying "Now here's your host on Password, Allen Ludden!" in the GSN/BUZZR airings?

Likely, most of these episodes were from the syndicated package where the edits occurred, it was likely a quick deletion of the sponsor mention on the original airing.

When thinking back on all the network shows aired during the 70's, it seems like most of the shows on NBC and CBS had just an intro for their first segment, then an ad break, then gameplay started in segment two.The Price Is Right was an exception. 
By the late 70s, that practice was becoming less common.  ABC shows didn't seem to do it as much (Feud, LMAD).

Much in the same vein when there used to be a short segment in between commercials where it may have plugged tickets, contestant searches, "question research comes from World Book", or "Any player who wins x games wins a new car".

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 01:14:50 PM by TimK2003 »

That Don Guy

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2022, 01:05:21 PM »
Most episodes of G.E. College Bowl did this - especially after it moved from CBS to NBC.

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2022, 10:10:50 PM »
Diamond Head Game
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2022, 04:10:01 PM »
The Newlywed Game from ABC.