Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR 50 stop tour in NYC  (Read 1533 times)

BillCullen1

TPIR 50 stop tour in NYC
« on: May 18, 2022, 06:20:24 PM »
Today (May 18) the traveling truck for TPIR was in NYC, in lower Manhattan. It's the final stop of a 50 city tour. People lined up on the sidewalk to be contestants. You got a name tag like on the show and they had the big wheel, a Plinko game with a top value of $50 and the showcase podiums. You had to show proof of Covid vaccinations and sign the usual release forms. You got one shot at spinning the wheel. You got $100 for landing on the dollar.

The one showcase I saw had two people bidding on the one showcase with local NYC prizes like a Starbucks gift card, a month membership at a local gym and such. It totaled $500 and change. There was one cast member from the show there, male model Devin Goda. He stands out in a crowd, quite tall. He posed for pics and shook hands.

I did not want to stand for a long time so I opted not to take part. But I took pics across the street while sitting on a bench. I left after about an hour later. The weather held out and those who participated had a good time.

BrandonFG

Re: TPIR 50 stop tour in NYC
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 07:09:47 PM »
Today (May 18) the traveling truck for TPIR was in NYC, in lower Manhattan. It's the final stop of a 50 city tour.
I don't think they got anywhere close to 50. The original plan I remember reading was one city per state, but I only saw about a half-dozen cities advertised.

Alex Braun posted a few videos from the St. Louis tour and it looked fun, but it also looked like a booth setup at a local festival, compared to the Live tours at theaters/performance halls. And that may have been a missed opportunity; doing a tie-in with the local CBS affiliate at whatever big "__Fest" or ComiCon probably would've been a little more effective.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 07:50:58 PM »
I know the cast of Ghosts was in the city today doing promotional work for the second season this fall.  So it's no surprise about a CBS presence today.

(I just wish I didn't have to work today as such)
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 04:11:14 PM »
local NYC prizes like a Starbucks gift card

Uh.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 07:31:46 AM »