Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Boom! Spain cancelled  (Read 1842 times)

Kniwt

Boom! Spain cancelled
« on: October 28, 2022, 10:51:11 AM »
https://www.marca.com/tiramillas/television/2022/10/23/63551934e2704e9b938b4570.html

Auto-translate:
Few Spanish television programs can boast of having a Guinness record among their achievements. Two, hardly any. That is the case of 'Boom!', which has both. The program presented by Juanra Bonet, however, has been canceled by Antena 3 and its most iconic groups of participants, Los Lobos, have strongly criticized the network.

The space now left by 'Boom!' it will be occupied by 'And now Sonsoles' , the new signing of Atresmedia. That is why Los Lobos have been dispatched and how against this decision. The group feels "orphaned" by the disappearance of the program, as well as its viewers, who do not know if the episodes that have already been recorded are going to be broadcast or not.

Valentín, Manu, Erundino and Alberto won the highest prize in television history in July 2019, 6,689,700 euros. Furthermore, the other record held by Los Lobos is the most participations in a contest: 505 participations in 2 years and two months.

In an interview with the media 20 Minutes, Los Lobos expressed their discomfort against the cancellation of the program that has given them so much joy.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Boom! Spain cancelled
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 11:37:54 AM »
Maybe they should take their 1.5m Euro each and ride off into the sunset.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 06:40:31 PM »
Still one of my favorite pieces of video.

Imagine.  These people were on the show for more than two years.  And then this finally happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKNV5TEdJg
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 11:26:16 PM »
Maybe they should take their 1.5m Euro each and ride off into the sunset.
"They got money, so their opinion doesn't matter" is such a bad take. I'm sure Ken would have shared his displeasure had Jeopardy been cancelled in 2008, and very few would have thought that.

Still one of my favorite pieces of video.

Imagine.  These people were on the show for more than two years.  And then this finally happens:
It's crazy that it took as long as it did. You'd think that in two years, there would be a simpler stack somewhere in there they would have been able to conquer, as good as they were.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 11:44:35 PM »
That’s actually not the take.

The take is to be grateful for opportunities and good fortune. Nothing lasts forever. Not high school, not your job, not even game shows. They got to be on and monopolized the show for two years, they should be very proud of that, but at the sam3 time shows get cancelled all the time, and they are but a small cog in the machine.

To the second point, I think the idea is that every day there are two stone cold stopper questions, which builds the pot.

I am profoundly disappointed thAt Fox had such an intriguing format, ran it through the wringer and discarded everything good or clever in it.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2022, 11:12:12 AM »
That’s actually not the take.

The take is to be grateful for opportunities and good fortune. Nothing lasts forever. Not high school, not your job, not even game shows. They got to be on and monopolized the show for two years, they should be very proud of that, but at the sam3 time shows get cancelled all the time, and they are but a small cog in the machine.
I'm sure they are very fortunate for the opportunity, but the strong feelings re:cancellation are bound to be greater for a group who spent more than 500 episodes trying to crack a jackpot. Your bond as a team is stronger, and that doesn't include the connections they might have made with contestant coordinators, hair and makeup people, etc. Wouldn't surprise me if it felt a little like a death to them.

To the second point, I think the idea is that every day there are two stone cold stopper questions, which builds the pot.
For sure, and it's not a jackpot meant to be won every day. It just seems very rare that a team capable of winning 500 episodes could get stifled that often without the questions seeming more impossible than improbable. Not saying they were cheated, just saying that even middling bar trivia teams can have a hot night.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2022, 12:08:53 PM »
I did not see the team aspect or the fact that they hacked away at the game for two solid years, andthat’s a good point.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 11:44:34 AM »
Another take is that "auto translate" may not be giving us a very clear picture.  "Los Lobos expressed their discomfort against the cancellation of the program that has given them so much joy."  Huh?  The actual story may be nothing more than "Los Lobos was sorry to see the show go," which of course would be their reaction. 
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.