Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One-time celebs  (Read 17035 times)

Long live Jeopardy!

Re: One-time celebs
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2022, 04:09:59 PM »
How about Sarah Palin on Match Game in 2016?

SuperMatch93

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2022, 07:12:11 AM »
How about Sarah Palin on Match Game in 2016?

Do we consider The Masked Singer a game show?

/Honest question, I've never seen it
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2022, 07:33:16 AM »
^I personally consider The Masked Singer a reality show myself (since it takes the whole season to determine the winner).

BillCullen1

« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2022, 09:00:41 AM »
^I personally consider The Masked Singer a reality show myself (since it takes the whole season to determine the winner).

I'm with you on this, though the format is similar to Masquerade Party, a game show of yesteryear.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 09:17:32 AM by BillCullen1 »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2022, 01:06:48 PM »

So did American Gladiators and any show with a season ending tournament of champions.

I think Masked Singer falls into the more game side of the reality competition series, where the game is more the focus than any extracurricular stuff (like on Survivor) and thus Mama Grizzly doesn’t qualify.

So I would say “it’s your choice," but consider the way the show is structured.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 04:44:52 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

tyshaun1

« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2022, 08:54:34 PM »
Peter Tomarken was on week 8 of Just Men.

Really. Man. Just doesn't seem right. Remind me when Just Men premiered? I distinctly remember watching it live, and it was on a month-long trip to Iowa I took during the school year when my grandmother had surgery and my mom had to play caretaker. I THOUGHT the trip was during the premiere window for Hit Man and Just Men but maybe I'm misremembering in my old age.
I recall on Kris Lane's old page that Tomarken was on Week *2* of Just Men! Besides, by Week 8 they'd had to have known if was worth putting him on at that point.