Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One-time celebs  (Read 17020 times)

Jimmy Owen

Re: One-time celebs
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2022, 02:49:06 AM »
On Marshall Squares, Bob Monkhouse and Vic Braden.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

doctorwho

« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2022, 12:28:34 PM »
On Marshall Squares, Bob Monkhouse

Bob was a What's My Line panelist here at least once.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2022, 02:34:10 PM »
Ghislaine Alexander, perhaps? She wasn't a guest panelist on our What's My Line in the traditional sense, but she sat in for a round after being a contestant.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2022, 03:07:30 PM »
Ghislaine Alexander, perhaps? She wasn't a guest panelist on our What's My Line in the traditional sense, but she sat in for a round after being a contestant.
Possible. I'm only aware of US shoes, but if you open it up to the UK, there are more than the few we have found so far.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

That Don Guy

« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2022, 04:32:38 PM »
I vaguely remember Danny Bonaduce from The Partridge Family making a "guest appearance" on an episode of Runaround, and I don't think he was in anything else.
He did The Dating Game as a celebrity bachelor at least twice.

That's right - one of them was during a week of TV celebrity "kids" (Maureen McCormick was one of them); Danny's appearance was just after his show did an episode at Marineland, and the trip was to...Sea World

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2022, 05:47:45 PM »
Indeed he did; not sure specifically when though.

Very early on, IIRC. Like one of the first couple of weeks, if not THE first week.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2022, 06:10:01 PM »
Re: Pictionary:

One I’m legit curious about is Shawn Michaels; I would figure that’s his only credit, no? I don’t think he ever did anything else like the wrestling Family Feud specials.

Edit: according to IMDB he did appear on one episode of Feud. Amazingly it doesn’t list his appearance on Pictionary though. Weird.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2022, 07:08:40 PM »

Very early on, IIRC. Like one of the first couple of weeks, if not THE first week.
Concur. Years ago, Brad Francini posted the intros for the NBC games from January '83 plus Wheel. IIRC, outside of Wheel they were all from the premieres...I know the $ale clip came from the first episode.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2022, 07:17:05 PM »

Concur. Years ago, Brad Francini posted the intros for the NBC games from January '83 plus Wheel. IIRC, outside of Wheel they were all from the premieres...I know the $ale clip came from the first episode.

Peter Tomarken was on week 8 of Just Men.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

PYLdude

« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2022, 07:28:01 PM »

The intro to Hit Man, if I remember right, was from the finale.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

BrandonFG

« Reply #100 on: May 16, 2022, 07:32:40 PM »

The intro to Hit Man, if I remember right, was from the finale.
I stand corrected.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2022, 09:53:25 AM »

One I’m legit curious about is Shawn Michaels; I would figure that’s his only credit, no? I don’t think he ever did anything else like the wrestling Family Feud specials.

Edit: according to IMDB he did appear on one episode of Feud. Amazingly it doesn’t list his appearance on Pictionary though. Weird.

Finally, my wrestling obsession comes in handy! 

He was indeed on a WWF themed week in 1993.  This one was "Good vs. Evil" as it had one team of WWF babyfaces against a team of heels. 

And it was a who's who of Wrestlecrap inductions to boot, especially on the "evil" side (Papa Shango!  Repo Man!  IRS!) 

As a matter of fact... http://wrestlecrap.com/inductions/induction-wwffamilyfeud1993/
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2022, 02:29:41 PM »
Peter Tomarken was on week 8 of Just Men.

Really. Man. Just doesn't seem right. Remind me when Just Men premiered? I distinctly remember watching it live, and it was on a month-long trip to Iowa I took during the school year when my grandmother had surgery and my mom had to play caretaker. I THOUGHT the trip was during the premiere window for Hit Man and Just Men but maybe I'm misremembering in my old age.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2022, 02:41:54 PM »
Remind me when Just Men premiered? I distinctly remember watching it live, and it was on a month-long trip to Iowa I took during the school year when my grandmother had surgery and my mom had to play caretaker. I THOUGHT the trip was during the premiere window for Hit Man and Just Men but maybe I'm misremembering in my old age.

January 3, 1983. Peter's week would have started on February 21.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

PYLdude

« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2022, 09:50:25 PM »

Finally, my wrestling obsession comes in handy! 

He was indeed on a WWF themed week in 1993.  This one was "Good vs. Evil" as it had one team of WWF babyfaces against a team of heels. 

And it was a who's who of Wrestlecrap inductions to boot, especially on the "evil" side (Papa Shango!  Repo Man!  IRS!) 

As a matter of fact... http://wrestlecrap.com/inductions/induction-wwffamilyfeud1993/

And if you want to see more? Even WCW got in on that Feud money. And GLOW. http://wrestlecrap.com/inductions/induction-wcwglowfamilyfeud/

(Surprising that only this particular week got coverage; I couldn’t find anything on WCW’s first go round on the Feud.)