Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One-time celebs  (Read 17032 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Re: One-time celebs
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2022, 08:55:15 AM »
One of the strangest Donnymid one-and-dones was Morgan Fairchild. I was absolutely shocked that she has no other known game show appearances, given her long association with soaps.
Not an appearance as a panelist or game player, but Fairchild did a walk-on after the Match Game part of MGHS, on the Monday show of the final week.

SamJ93

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2022, 10:26:37 AM »
Sports Challenge may also be a good source of one-shot celebs.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2022, 11:21:40 AM »
J.C. Wendel, Joe E. Tata, Michael Tucci, Gunnar Nelson, Matthew Nelson, & Farrah Forke only did an hour-long celebrity special of Shop 'til You Drop in Dec. 1993.

Didn’t Forke do the opening week of SCATTERGORIES?
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2022, 11:42:48 AM »
^Nope, the opening week of Scattergories had Brian Austin Green, Anne-Marie Johnson, Chuck Woolery, Eleni Kelavis (another possible candidate for this thread?), and Kelsey Grammer.

ETA: Turns out Farrah Forke did do the Feb. 15-19, 1993 week of Scattergories, which takes her out of being a candidate for this thread.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 12:33:29 PM by Long live Jeopardy! »

calliaume

« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2022, 11:45:10 AM »
All six of the "original Brady kids" were on Celebrity Bowling, and I don't remember them being on any other show except for the three who appeared with "replacement Jan" Geri Reuschel on two episodes of All-Star Anything Goes. (I'm pretty sure Barry Williams and Christopher Knight were on ASAG, but I can't remember the third, except that it wasn't Eve Plumb.)

Inga Swenson and three of the Brady Kids (Maureen, Christopher, and Susan) all did Dawson Feud.

All six of the Brady kids did an episode of Weakest Link.
Five of the six (Maureen McCormick excluded; she may have been touring her autobiography at the time) did Trivial Pursuit: American Plays, which Knight was hosting. Somebody apparently put together an hour and a half of that week on YouTube, but we're best served by this NSFW blooper.

https://youtu.be/UBqLxQYGImo

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2022, 12:30:23 PM »
^Nope, the opening week of Scattergories had Brian Austin Green, Anne-Marie Johnson, Chuck Woolery, Eleni Kelavis (another possible candidate for this thread?), and Kelsey Grammer.

Fine—but a cursory glance at YouTube finds that Forke did do a week (2/15-19/93) with Alfonso Ribeiro, Carol Potter, Rick Dees, and Woolery.  So she didn’t do the opening week, but she doesn’t qualify as a one-time appearer.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2022, 01:06:40 PM »
Anybody got episode guides for "Pro-Fan" or "All-Star Anything Goes"?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BillCullen1

« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2022, 07:14:46 PM »
I vaguely remember Danny Bonaduce from The Partridge Family making a "guest appearance" on an episode of Runaround, and I don't think he was in anything else.

Danny hosted Starface on GSN circa 2006, but most of us don't remember that. Some of us on purpose.

Recently, they aired Whew with Jon Walmsley from The Waltons. I don't recall him on any other game show.

I remember Robin Quivers on Scattergories. Not sure if she did any other game show.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2022, 07:30:00 PM »

I remember Robin Quivers on Scattergories. Not sure if she did any other game show.
Well, she did play "Match Game" on radio with Howard Stern.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Bryce L.

« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2022, 07:33:10 PM »
Anybody got episode guides for "Pro-Fan" or "All-Star Anything Goes"?
Sure, let me dig through my Rolodex for Maxene Fabe's number.

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2022, 07:44:50 PM »

Robin Quivers did do Celebrity Jeopardy! in Apr. 1997, Apr. 1998, and Nov. 2009, and also did Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? in Nov. 2001 as well.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2022, 11:02:36 PM »
I vaguely remember Danny Bonaduce from The Partridge Family making a "guest appearance" on an episode of Runaround, and I don't think he was in anything else.

Danny hosted Starface on GSN circa 2006, but most of us don't remember that. Some of us on purpose.

Recently, they aired Whew with Jon Walmsley from The Waltons. I don't recall him on any other game show.

I think all of the Waltons kids, excluding Richard Thomas, did Dawson Feud.

BrandonFG

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2022, 12:57:16 AM »
Doing a little reading on The Office reminded me that the cast appeared on Celebrity Feud in 2008. According to IMDb, that was Creed Bratton and Phyllis Smith's only game show appearance.

That episode also featured the cast of My Name is Earl, and I imagine not too many of that show's cast did anything else, esp. considering one of the teams consisted of occasional supporting characters.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2022, 01:04:57 AM »
He did The Dating Game as a celebrity bachelor at least twice.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2022, 01:15:22 AM »
I'm sure The Dating Game adds quite a few to this list. Karen and Richard Carpenter did The Dating Game and nothing else.