Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One-time celebs  (Read 17040 times)

colonial

Re: One-time celebs
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2022, 10:13:18 PM »
I don't recall where I read this, but Pictionary '98 seemed to go for celebrity partners that were off-the-wall choices, or ones that weren't frequently called upon.

There was one week of Pictionary 97-98 where the celebs were all creators of famous comic strips. Jim Davis (Garfield) and Russell Myers (Broom Hilda) were two of the celebrity players. I would doubt any of them appeared as a celebrity player on other shows.

Back to "Just Men" for a second. Looking at its episode guide, for a show that last 13 weeks and used ~85 different celebs, it definitely had a high percentage of celebrity player "one-and-doners" (if IMDB and my memory are accurate) ...

George Brett, David Mason (unsure who this is -- don't believe it's the singer), Fernando Allende, Jon-Erik Hexum, Michael Warren, Ted McGinley, Sam J. Jones, Randy Hamilton, Taurean Blacque, Darrow Igus, Charlie Zimmer, Martin Hewitt, Tom Sullivan, Dusty Baker, Steve Day, Timothy Patrick Murphy, Mike Adamle, Bill H. Myers, Leon Isaac Kennedy, Reggie Theus, Mike Post, Eric Brown, Paul Linke, Robert Shields.

JD

TimK2003

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2022, 10:51:35 PM »
I don't recall where I read this, but Pictionary '98 seemed to go for celebrity partners that were off-the-wall choices, or ones that weren't frequently called upon.

ISTR a decent sized roster of one-and-dones on Donnymid as well.

Was Pictionary Bill Maher's only game show appearance?  I don't recall seeing him on anything else.

There was one week of Pictionary 97-98 where the celebs were all creators of famous comic strips. Jim Davis (Garfield) and Russell Myers (Broom Hilda) were two of the celebrity players. I would doubt any of them appeared as a celebrity player on other shows.

The original Password did something similar for a week as well ‐‐ (comic creators).

Speaking of Garfield, I don't know if Lorenzo Music (longtime animated voice of the cat) ever appeared on anything outside of Tattletales, but it's odd that someone who was famous for not being seen (Rhoda) was seen once on a game show.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2022, 11:05:28 PM »
Reggie Theus
This would be tough to verify, but I recall him on Dream League.  Gaylord Perry too.

BrandonFG

« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2022, 11:12:44 PM »
Was Pictionary Bill Maher's only game show appearance?  I don't recall seeing him on anything else.
Bergeron's Squares.

Thinking back, there's a couple people from that run who I don't recall doing any other shows. Patrick Swayze comes to mind.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2022, 11:41:55 PM »
I'm not especially familiar with his career, but did George Peppard appear on any other game shows besides that ill-fated week of Password Plus+?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2022, 12:49:09 AM »
I would imagine that lots of the question readers on Two Minute Drill have not appeared on a game show before or since.
Travis L. Eberle

Eric Paddon

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2022, 01:18:58 AM »
I'm not especially familiar with his career, but did George Peppard appear on any other game shows besides that ill-fated week of Password Plus+?

He'd been on ABC Password a few times I think, which is why he got booked on Password Plus.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2022, 01:24:51 AM »
All six of the "original Brady kids" were on Celebrity Bowling, and I don't remember them being on any other show except for the three who appeared with "replacement Jan" Geri Reuschel on two episodes of All-Star Anything Goes. (I'm pretty sure Barry Williams and Christopher Knight were on ASAG, but I can't remember the third, except that it wasn't Eve Plumb.)

Inga Swenson and three of the Brady Kids (Maureen, Christopher, and Susan) all did Dawson Feud.

All six of the Brady kids did an episode of Weakest Link.

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2022, 04:15:14 AM »
Bergeron's Squares.

Thinking back, there's a couple people from that run who I don't recall doing any other shows. Patrick Swayze comes to mind.

Bill Maher also did Celebrity Jeopardy! in Nov. 1995 & Nov. 1997 as well.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:27:09 AM by Long live Jeopardy! »

SuperSweeper

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2022, 07:27:01 AM »

ISTR a decent sized roster of one-and-dones on Donnymid as well.

One of the strangest Donnymid one-and-dones was Morgan Fairchild. I was absolutely shocked that she has no other known game show appearances, given her long association with soaps.

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2022, 07:38:13 AM »
J.C. Wendel, Joe E. Tata, Michael Tucci, Gunnar Nelson, & Matthew Nelson only did an hour-long celebrity special of Shop 'til You Drop in Dec. 1993.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 07:48:22 AM by Long live Jeopardy! »

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2022, 07:57:26 AM »
Joe Walsh, Dave Mustaine, George Clinton, W. Earl Brown, & Art Alexakis are some more possible candidates for Rock and Roll Jeopardy! as well.

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2022, 08:04:24 AM »
General H. Norman Schwarzkopf only did an episode of Celebrity Jeopardy! in Nov. 1994.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 08:17:59 AM by Long live Jeopardy! »

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2022, 08:37:52 AM »
You're right, I forgot Jill did that as well. For the record, the other soap stars during that week were Melissa Reeves (Days of our Lives), Michael Sabatino (Days of our Lives), Lauralee Bell (Young and the Restless), Scott Reeves (Young and the Restless), Richard Lawson (All My Children), Fiona Hutchison (Guiding Light), and Frank Dicopoulos (Guiding Light).

Going back to this, it looks like Richard Lawson is the only one from the WOF Soap/College Challenge week to qualify for this thread. All the other soap stars mentioned did do at least one other game show.

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2022, 08:44:13 AM »
Chad Allen and Ami Foster are possible candidates for a celebrity episode of I'm Telling! in 1988.