Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One-time celebs  (Read 17017 times)

whewfan

Re: One-time celebs
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2022, 06:41:45 AM »
While Groucho had also appeared on WML, he only appeared once on HS. Peter said Groucho failed to understand that he couldn't just eat up time talking... he just had too much to say, not that he wasn't funny. Peter had initially thought Groucho would return for another appearance, and Groucho told Peter "The only time I'll see you again is socially." So obviously Groucho didn't particularly like being on HS.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2022, 06:59:05 AM »
Leonard Maltin on 25k Pyramid.

He also did Super Password.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2022, 09:10:30 AM »
Leonard Maltin on 25k Pyramid.

He also did Super Password.
Okay, thanks. It seemed that TTTT 80 and 90 tried to cultivate new faces as panelists. John Wade, Stephani Cook, Tiiu Leek, Joel Seigel, Pat Collins on 80 and David Niven Jr, Dana Hill, Jennifer Valoppi, Dennis Wolfberg, Mother Love.  Thanks to Marshall Akers for the info.  The current show has panelists I haven't seen on other game shows.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2022, 10:29:55 AM »
^Dana Hill did do a celebrity teen week of Hot Potato as well.

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2022, 04:56:34 PM »
Here a few possible candidates from Nickelodeon game shows:

Wild And Crazy Kids (1990-92 version) - Brandon Call, Tobey Maguire, Luke Edwards, & Ashley Johnson

Get The Picture - Chris Lobban and Sean O'Neal

Family Double Dare - Zachery Ty Bryan, Chelsea Hertford, Mark David, & Natalie Nucci

Nick Arcade - Megan Berwick, Heidi Lucas, Rick Galloway, Jill Setter, Mike Speller, Nick Caruso, Elizabeth Hess, & Joe O'Connor

Nickelodeon All-Star Challenge (1994) - Adam Wylie, Jeremy Jackson, & Christopher Castile

Figure It Out (1997-99 version) - Vanessa Baden, Penny Hardaway, Hardy Rawls, Judy Grafe, & Michael Maronna

Double Dare 2000 - Brandon Gilberstadt, Morgan Kibby, Jade Yorker, Zena Grey, No Authority (the music band), N-Toon (the music band), Khaliah Adams, LaTangela, Christina Vidal, Chris Knowings, Willie Green, Rachel Roth, Stacy Meadows, & Phillip Van Dyke

Wild And Crazy Kids (2002 version) - The A*Teens (the music band), Alvin Alvarez, Jeffrey Licon, Bode Miller, & Hannah Hardaway
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 08:06:29 PM by Long live Jeopardy! »

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2022, 05:32:46 PM »
Also, Katie Wagner only did an episode of Rock and Roll Jeopardy! as well.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2022, 05:52:02 PM »
I've found at least three from Super Password - Susan Scannell, Paul Eiding, and Alix Elias.

I'm going to guess most of the examples we haven't mentioned are going to come from post-1990, given the abundance of celebrity game shows at the time and the (relative) scarcity since.

So far from 25 Words or Less, we've gotten Illeana Douglas (quite possibly the worst celebrity I've ever seen playing a word game), Jonathan Bennett, Jessica Tuck, and (for now - he just made his first appearance this month) Chris Diamantopoulos.

I'd imagine primetime Millionaire has a few people that qualify.

Winkfan

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2022, 05:53:34 PM »
From the "Game Show Crossover Dept": John Charles Daly did I've Got A Secret twice. That was probably the only game show he guested on away from What's My Line.

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2022, 07:09:14 PM »
One more possibility from Match Game 90 - Vince Champ.

That Don Guy

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2022, 07:49:28 PM »
How many times did Inga Swenson appear on CBS Password? I only remember seeing her once in the reruns, and I don't remember her being on anything during her Benson run.

Kukla & Ollie (of Kukla, Fran & Ollie fame) appeared for a week on '70s Match Game (and they did bring out Burr Tillstrom at the end of the week).

I vaguely remember Danny Bonaduce from The Partridge Family making a "guest appearance" on an episode of Runaround, and I don't think he was in anything else.

All six of the "original Brady kids" were on Celebrity Bowling, and I don't remember them being on any other show except for the three who appeared with "replacement Jan" Geri Reuschel on two episodes of All-Star Anything Goes. (I'm pretty sure Barry Williams and Christopher Knight were on ASAG, but I can't remember the third, except that it wasn't Eve Plumb.)

John Wayne was a panelist on Movie Game and Jimmy Stewart played Password as I recall.  Jack Benny did Password.

Don't forget Benny's appearance as a contestant on The $64,000 Question - he answered his $64 question, and then stopped and went home with the $64.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2022, 08:02:52 PM »
How many times did Inga Swenson appear on CBS Password? I only remember seeing her once in the reruns, and I don't remember her being on anything during her Benson run.

Kukla & Ollie (of Kukla, Fran & Ollie fame) appeared for a week on '70s Match Game (and they did bring out Burr Tillstrom at the end of the week).

I vaguely remember Danny Bonaduce from The Partridge Family making a "guest appearance" on an episode of Runaround, and I don't think he was in anything else.

All six of the "original Brady kids" were on Celebrity Bowling, and I don't remember them being on any other show except for the three who appeared with "replacement Jan" Geri Reuschel on two episodes of All-Star Anything Goes. (I'm pretty sure Barry Williams and Christopher Knight were on ASAG, but I can't remember the third, except that it wasn't Eve Plumb.)

John Wayne was a panelist on Movie Game and Jimmy Stewart played Password as I recall.  Jack Benny did Password.

Don't forget Benny's appearance as a contestant on The $64,000 Question - he answered his $64 question, and then stopped and went home with the $64.

Inga Swenson and three of the Brady Kids (Maureen, Christopher, and Susan) all did Dawson Feud. Chris also did Definition - a week that BonusRound has dug up.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2022, 08:11:49 PM »
I don't recall where I read this, but Pictionary '98 seemed to go for celebrity partners that were off-the-wall choices, or ones that weren't frequently called upon.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperSweeper

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2022, 08:17:31 PM »
I don't recall where I read this, but Pictionary '98 seemed to go for celebrity partners that were off-the-wall choices, or ones that weren't frequently called upon.

If someone has an episode guide for Pictionary, I would love to see it. It seemed like every celebrity who appeared on that show had been out of work for a decade or more. It makes 25 Words or Less look like Daly What’s My Line.

thomas_meighan

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2022, 08:51:14 PM »
Another one I thought of is Jean Stapleton. She did at least one syndicated "Hollywood Squares" in 1972, but apparently no other games. In the episode I saw, she was called on just once at the end of the program.

Have the celebrities for "Win, Lose or Draw" been cataloged anywhere online? That show could be another source of one-time-only game show celebs (or might disprove some of the ones in this thread).

BrandonFG

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2022, 09:56:26 PM »
The current [TTTT] has panelists I haven't seen on other game shows.
Ditto Baldwin's MG.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!