Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This reminds me...  (Read 4014 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
This reminds me...
« on: March 01, 2004, 12:37:48 AM »
As the All Sports Network continues to make Mr. Tony stay up past his bedtime in the search for the next SportsCenter anchor, I told my girlfriend "wouldn't it be great if Gsn did this?"

Then it occured to me.. didn't they? For the benefit of those of us who didn't yet have the channel in the early days, whatever came about of the "Coast to Coast Search For a Host"?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 12:38:10 AM by ChrisLambert! »
@lambertman

inturnaround

This reminds me...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 02:02:19 AM »
According to the website of Tom Clark, Tom Clark was the winner of the contest. He hosted something called "Silver Screen Flashback" (They play a movie clip, ask a related question, you win a videotape) on GSN. I've no idea how long it lasted, but it doesn't look like it was for long.

Check out his website for more info on him. There's even a wee clip of him hosting "Silver Screen Flashback".
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
This reminds me...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 02:13:39 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 12:02 AM\'] According to the website of Tom Clark, Tom Clark was the winner of the contest. He hosted something called "Silver Screen Flashback" (They play a movie clip, ask a related question, you win a videotape) on GSN. I've no idea how long it lasted, but it doesn't look like it was for long.

Check out his website for more info on him. There's even a wee clip of him hosting "Silver Screen Flashback". [/quote]
 I remember that. It was like those Wheel Of Fortune play-along games with Wahlberg -  a single person got a chance to win a prize. It was about what you'd expect otherwise.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
This reminds me...
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 02:36:59 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 02:13 AM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 12:02 AM\'] According to the website of Tom Clark, Tom Clark was the winner of the contest. He hosted something called "Silver Screen Flashback" (They play a movie clip, ask a related question, you win a videotape) on GSN. I've no idea how long it lasted, but it doesn't look like it was for long.

Check out his website for more info on him. There's even a wee clip of him hosting "Silver Screen Flashback". [/quote]
I remember that. It was like those Wheel Of Fortune play-along games with Wahlberg -  a single person got a chance to win a prize. It was about what you'd expect otherwise. [/quote]
 Supplemented by "Final Jeopardy!".  I seem to recall these were the last efforts by GSN using that "toll-free number"; before switching to in-studio shows.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

jalman

This reminds me...
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 03:42:31 AM »
This was about five years ago or so when these playalong games appeared.   I don't know if Mark Wahlberg ever hosted these, but I know Steve Sanders hosted many of these segments.  They'd air the previous night's (or is it last week's?) bonus puzzle or final Jeopardy answer then viewers have to call in and guess the solution.  One of the segments aired on primetime before Match Game and another show I can't recall at the moment.

Good night.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
This reminds me...
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 12:00:26 PM »
[quote name=\'jalman\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 01:42 AM\'] This was about five years ago or so when these playalong games appeared.   I don't know if Mark Wahlberg ever hosted these, but I know Steve Sanders hosted many of these segments. [/quote]
 Was it Sanders? I coulda sworn Wahlberg did at least one. I'm working wholly from memory, though, so I could easily be wrong, and will happily admit it if it turns out I am...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

goongas

This reminds me...
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 12:15:07 PM »
I definitely remember Steve Sanders doing them, although I don't think he was the only one to do them.

MikeK

• Martha!
This reminds me...
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 01:28:24 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 12:15 PM\'] I definitely remember Steve Sanders doing them, although I don't think he was the only one to do them. [/quote]
 Steve Saunders (not Sanders) did the Jeopardy! playalong while a female, whose name I don't remember, did the WoF playalong.  Both Saunders and the female hosted the playalong (or whatever you want to call it) before Match Game PM from 1999-2000 where the host asked a question somewhat related to that night's MG PM and the first 3 to call in with the right answer got a prize.

uncamark

This reminds me...
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2004, 07:41:38 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 01:28 PM\'][quote name=\'goongas\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 12:15 PM\'] I definitely remember Steve Sanders doing them, although I don't think he was the only one to do them. [/quote]
Steve Saunders (not Sanders) did the Jeopardy! playalong while a female, whose name I don't remember, did the WoF playalong.  Both Saunders and the female hosted the playalong (or whatever you want to call it) before Match Game PM from 1999-2000 where the host asked a question somewhat related to that night's MG PM and the first 3 to call in with the right answer got a prize.[/quote]
Lisa Sundstedt.

Long after the interactive interstitials ended, she continued to be the voice of GSN's commercial billboards--probably until Neal Ross had his ISDN link installed.

Before either of them, Marianne Curan and the blank-minded Nancy Sullivan did the "FJ!" interstitial.