Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN airings of Family Feud(Combs)  (Read 4351 times)

digiblader

GSN airings of Family Feud(Combs)
« on: February 27, 2004, 10:52:53 AM »
I've notice in the last six days they've been airing the episodes of Family Feud from the month where they had all of CBS's soap operas play for charity.

However, I noticed a 1991 copyright..

Also, the last recent civilian episode had the four-digit bank installed on the board, which means that GSN would be approaching the Bullseye era.

Is GSN re-running eps right now? It's just that it doesn't seem right they're airing episodes from 1991 when they're well into 1992 in the civilian episodes.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 10:59:15 AM »
[quote name=\'digiblader\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 10:52 AM\'] I've notice in the last six days they've been airing the episodes of Family Feud from the month where they had all of CBS's soap operas play for charity.

However, I noticed a 1991 copyright..

Also, the last recent civilian episode had the four-digit bank installed on the board, which means that GSN would be approaching the Bullseye era.

Is GSN re-running eps right now? It's just that it doesn't seem right they're airing episodes from 1991 when they're well into 1992 in the civilian episodes. [/quote]
 There were about six weeks in Spring 1991 where CBS ran two Feud episodes a day, and the first show of the two consisted of CBS soap stars playing for charity. This was a placeholder between the cancellation of Barbara Deangelis' short-lived CBS gabfest and Designing Women reruns at 10AM EST.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 04:56:04 PM »
These eps don't look like 2 separate eps though, the way they've been obviously edited.  Rather, they look like One Ep edited into 2 parts, but that, at the same time, could be broken apart if need be.  Almost as if placeholdering...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 07:23:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 04:56 PM\'] These eps don't look like 2 separate eps though, the way they've been obviously edited.  Rather, they look like One Ep edited into 2 parts, but that, at the same time, could be broken apart if need be.  Almost as if placeholdering... [/quote]
 This has been discussed a lot on the GSN boards.
Someone there said that these episodes were used to carry over to FFC...they used reruns and meshed them together, to make it be 1 hour.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Mario500

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 07:46:27 PM »
"Civilian": Non-military person

I don't remember these celebrated folk (CBS serial stars) being involved in military. I'm still anticipating the "Price VS Restless" shows!

Steve McClellan

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 07:53:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 04:46 PM\']"Civilian": Non-military person

I don't remember these celebrated folk (CBS serial stars) being involved in military. I'm still anticipating the "Price VS Restless" shows![/quote]
According to Webster's:

Civilian, def. 2b: OUTSIDER [a person who does not belong to a particular group]

For our purposes, it's a heck of a lot easier to say civilian than "non-celebrity" or "with normal contestants".