Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Shows that Aired at the Movies  (Read 1303 times)

Trisscope

Game Shows that Aired at the Movies
« on: April 20, 2022, 11:13:54 AM »
Inspired by the slate below, I was wondering what game shows have actually aired at the movies. I'm not talking about movies inspired by game shows like Quiz Show or Slumdog Millionaire, and I'm also not talking about game show appearances in the movies like Wheel or Jeopardy showing up on a TV. I'm talking about game shows you could actually watch at the theater, such as Information Please in the 30's and 40's.

Are there any other shows that did this?

Jimmy Owen

Re: Game Shows that Aired at the Movies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 11:31:02 AM »
Aside from the occasional multiple choice trivia quizzes before the movie starts, I don't think so.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »
TIL Pyramid aired in theaters…
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Mr. Matté

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 12:20:56 PM »
Was Pyramid actually shown in theaters or is it just a regular television tape slate with a wrong Dolby stereo label?

Bryce L.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 12:31:04 PM »
Was Pyramid actually shown in theaters or is it just a regular television tape slate with a wrong Dolby stereo label?
Either wrong Dolby label, or [more likely] whoever was producing that slate was having a laugh (which wouldn't surprise me in the least with some of the things I've seen).