Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows where contestants could apply and play again?  (Read 4025 times)

Bryce L.

Re: Shows where contestants could apply and play again?
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2022, 12:39:01 PM »
[quote

As mentioned above, WML? contestants don’t qualify for this thread, as I assume all of them were invited back by the producers.
Why didn't you say so in the first place?
Because the rest of us had the common sense to not need it spelled out like that.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2022, 05:41:56 PM »
[quote

As mentioned above, WML? contestants don’t qualify for this thread, as I assume all of them were invited back by the producers.
Why didn't you say so in the first place?

FFS, it's *literally* in the initial post. Grow up.

Otm Shank

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2022, 11:42:17 PM »
One of the (several) annoying habits Jim Lange had on Name That Tune is he would often tell a departing contestant to "come and see us again" ... like, what, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by? Even if they came back in the audience, they aren't seeing them again. But, I (naïvely) thought at the time he was saying there was a path back for contestants, and not that it was a throwaway chit-chat line.

(That and the "we have lovely prizes backstage," as if the contestant gets to wander through the consolation prize gift shop before exiting onto Sunset Blvd.)

Fedya

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2022, 07:57:47 AM »
Or as if the consolation prizes are lovely.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2022, 08:05:13 AM »
One of the (several) annoying habits Jim Lange had on Name That Tune is he would often tell a departing contestant to "come and see us again" ... like, what, if you're in the neighborhood, stop by? Even if they came back in the audience, they aren't seeing them again. But, I (naïvely) thought at the time he was saying there was a path back for contestants, and not that it was a throwaway chit-chat line.

(That and the "we have lovely prizes backstage," as if the contestant gets to wander through the consolation prize gift shop before exiting onto Sunset Blvd.)

Bob Eubanks (on Card Sharks) did the same. He would often say "We'll see you again" to a departing contestant even though they clearly lost fair and square (and as far as I know, Card Sharks never did a Tournament of Losers or a Tournament of Champions).