Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Summer Game Shows officially axed  (Read 3198 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Summer Game Shows officially axed
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2022, 08:54:18 PM »
I thought his way of saying it was stilted for effect. Producers wanted him to make it a big deal but exclaiming things isn't his style. He's not a zany demonstrative guy.
That's a great way to put it. Agreed 100%.
"Eleanor Roosevelt? She's on Card Sharks, isn't she?"

Now celebrating his 20th season on GSF!

alfonzos

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2022, 02:31:28 PM »
I was never comfortable with Baldwin as host. He always seemed peeved. The Hustler wasn't fun to watch. Card Sharks is the real disappointment. The producers never figured out how to make the game into a self contained half-hour format. I really liked the presentation with the hubcap-sized poker chips. The set is the most dazzling I have ever witnessed.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2022, 02:35:37 PM »
The Hustler was appointment viewing for my wife, so it was good for the family dynamic.  The rest won't be missed.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2022, 05:55:13 PM »
I watched precisely one episode of The Hustler. I really donít know what so many of you saw in it. I really donít. But so be it.

Iím not surprised Card Sharks bit the dust, because try as they might have, it just didnít do the parent show any sort of justice. And I also felt that there was way too much chrome.

Match Game I still enjoyed but it was airing so infrequently that Iím amazed it made it as long as it did.

Didnít really find much interest in Celebrity Dating Game, so no real substantive opinions on it from me.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

ďWeíre game show fans. ĎWeirdí comes with the territory.Ē - Matt Ottinger, 2022

bwood

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2022, 12:03:30 AM »
Word on the street is Supermarket Sweep is getting the Millionaire treatment and being "shelved" by ABC, not officially canceled:

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/supermarket-sweep-cancelled-for-good-abc-game-show-not-returning-for-2022-23-season/

I honestly think they know there is some huge potential there  it just has to find its groove. Season 1 started strong and did well overall. Season 2 didn't fare as well but I still didn't think the ratings were terrible stacked up against Football.

I actually really liked this reboot and hate to see it go. It was fun. I looked at it as it's own entity removed from 90s version and thought it was decent. Sure there were some "opportunities" we could pick at but I thought it was done pretty well overall. Yes, Leslie could have toned it down some but I do like her and she was the reason it came back to begin with. Hopefully it comes back again soon or gets shopped around somewhere else.