Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game Monday  (Read 11598 times)

SimpsonGeek

Match Game Monday
« on: July 01, 2003, 12:28:39 AM »
According to AdLink were having a FULL day of Match Game on 07/28/2003. http://adlink.com/resource_center/programm...week=07/28/2003

beatlefreak84

Match Game Monday
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 12:43:47 AM »
Well, I guess there's our 30th anniversary celebration, much in the same way they did TPIR's 25th.

Hope they whip out some good ones (but, then again, are any MG '7x episodes bad?) and some new ones instead of the same ones we always see on MG marathons!

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Match Game Monday
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 04:18:17 AM »
This is pure speculation, but I'd look to see:

The premiere
The first MG PM
The first ep. with new set
The first Star Wheel ep
The last ep.
(and a couple of others, a Gameshow Saturday Night from about 2000 aired all of these)....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Match Game Monday
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 11:12:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jul 1 2003, 03:18 AM\'] This is pure speculation, but I'd look to see:

The premiere
The first MG PM
The first ep. with new set
The first Star Wheel ep
The last ep.
(and a couple of others, a Gameshow Saturday Night from about 2000 aired all of these).... [/quote]
 Add to that Dawson's last, as well as the ones featured in last summer's Vertisvision marathon, i.e. the Carol Burnett appearance.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

Match Game Monday
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 01:23:07 PM »
Dawson's last shows  of MG78 and MGPM aren't the best of MG shows, but they could still be aired. Ditto the MG Syndie finale from 1982.

The School Riot show and the next to last taped MGPM episode from 1980-81 where Klugman stands in for Brett and goes nuts after the $20K Super Match win are worth airing in the marathon. Even the unaired on CBS MG79 episode where the lady becomes the only undefeated champion in the show's history and causes Gene to get a lapse as to who should start the next game with two new players. Maybe add the one time(from MG76) where two men compete against each other, which seemed really odd for MG(the male champ had won ten games by that point, and they ran out of lady contestant in the pool)

Starkman

Match Game Monday
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2003, 10:51:26 AM »
Wouldnt mind a lil MG90 myself ;) or if it exists the 60s MG ;)

but for MG7x id like to see dawson refuses to smile, and more emphasis on MG 7x, syndie just didnt have it and PM had the better format but once again doesnt have the same humor pizzaz as it did in 7x and yeah concurr with all the above

joelvanderveen

Match Game Monday
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2003, 08:28:32 PM »
Hopefully we'll soon see the listing for this marathon posted somewhere on the Web. If someone finds a link to it, you know what to do!

Timsterino

Match Game Monday
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 04:40:59 PM »
Steve Beverly has highlights from the Marathon on his website now. They include the premiere episode, the first episode with Brett and Charles Nelson Reilly, Mark Goodson, the later episode with Jack Klugman and more.

Tim :-)