Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Chase" is off for Ken and The Beast, and on for a few more quiz show alums  (Read 2406 times)

doctorwho

Per Deadline, Victoria Groce, Brandon Blackwell and Buzzy Cohen will join returning Chasers Brad Rutter and James Holzhauer for the third season of the ABC version. I think Mark Labbett not coming back has been known information for a hot minute, Ken not coming back is new AFAIK.

https://deadline.com/2022/03/abc-premiere-dates-holey-moley-the-chase-who-do-you-believe-1234978943/

Jimmy Owen

For me, it's not The Chase without The Beast.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

I think Mark Labbett not coming back has been known information for a hot minute, Ken not coming back is new AFAIK.
Not to read too much into this, but I wonder if this unofficially means he's now the syndicated J! host?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jeremy Nelson

Then don't watch. But I guarantee you'll be missing out next season.

This is probably the best swap the show has done so far. Brandon's been a trivia champ on two continents, and while I don't know a ton about Victoria, she was the contestant who took down Dave Madden on Jeopardy, and those more plugged into the trivia community have already spoken glowingly about her on Twitter.

Next season's gonna be good.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Jimmy Owen

This is probably the best swap the show has done so far. Brandon's been a trivia champ on two continents, and while I don't know a ton about Victoria, she was the contestant who took down Dave Madden on Jeopardy, and those more plugged into the trivia community have already spoken glowingly about her on Twitter.

They may be smart, but are they villains?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

nowhammies10

Brandon I've seen play in the Connections Online Quiz League, I can definitely see him leaning into the "shit heel who has the brains to back it up" role that Jameis tried to fulfill during the J! Greatest of All Time tournament. He's a great person and it's fun watching his matches, I'm looking forward to watching him next season!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent

They may be smart, but are they villains?

I mean...https://twitter.com/_brandon2_/status/1503768488954896384?t=3g8dH2v4bG8jx5RlCAUpig&s=19

BrandonFG

Gotta admit, seeing "Brandon" and "trivia" used in the same sentence has been very confusing today.

/Beats the hell outta "Let's Go Brandon" tho
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Stackertosh

What an exciting line up for New Chasers.

I wonder if Jennings is going to get the Jeopardy gig

Jeremy Nelson

I wonder if Jennings is going to get the Jeopardy gig
It’s looking more like it, isn’t it? I would presume Jeopardy wouldn’t want the game show equivalent of Jekyll and Hyde, with Ken giving money away in syndication while taking it away in primetime. Past that, I think he’s too nice for The Chase and he seems to be settling in well at Jeopardy.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.