Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's Laugh Day (3/19/22)  (Read 6744 times)

gamed121683

Let's Laugh Day (3/19/22)
« on: March 04, 2022, 10:06:54 PM »
I'm sure someone will post the promo for it soon enough, but on March 19th, Buzzr will air a marathon of game shows featuring hilarious bloopers and antics during Let's Laugh Day. Analyzing the spot, it looks like we'll see TV's Funniest Game Show Moments 2 (A special that I believe hasn't been seen since its original broadcast) and Password Plus fans...we're finally going to see the Buzzr debut of "The French Episode".

Bryce L.

Re: Let's Laugh Day (3/19/22)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 10:31:28 PM »
Full schedule...

8:00pm - TV's Funniest Game Show Moments 85_0002
9:00pm - Match Game 73_0080
9:30pm - Match Game 75_0613
10:00pm - Password Plus 80_0514 [France/French]
10:30pm - Super Password 86_0495 (original airdate 8/25/1986) [Bert breaks the Toaster]

Also, there's a repeat of TV's Funniest Game Show Moments 2 the following day at 5pm, if you miss the Saturday night showing.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 11:00:51 AM »
I think the Laugh Day marathon lineups are great. But as a college basketball fan, I wish they’d schedule them sometime besides the first weekend of the Tournament.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 05:53:20 PM »
I always enjoy the French incident, if only for just how even a consummate pro like Tom Kennedy can have a bad day. Just tripping over himself every few seconds.

I don’t mean that in a bad way, for the record. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 01:32:08 AM »
I think the Laugh Day marathon lineups are great. But as a college basketball fan, I wish they’d schedule them sometime besides the first weekend of the Tournament.
It's not Buzzr's fault that whoever created National Let's Laugh Day picked March 19th.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 04:52:20 AM »
Let's Laugh Day has been around since the 70s, always on March 19. 
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JMFabiano

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 08:19:12 AM »
I always enjoy the French incident, if only for just how even a consummate pro like Tom Kennedy can have a bad day. Just tripping over himself every few seconds.

Wonder if they just use the NBC edit, or the one from Tom Kennedy's collection that made its way through TVPMM and YouTube?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 01:15:30 PM »
It's not Buzzr's fault that whoever created National Let's Laugh Day picked March 19th.

Let's Laugh Day has been around since the 70s, always on March 19.

I realize that. But there are other laughter/comedy-related holidays—for instance, National Laughter Day on May 6—and for us college hoops fans, it would be nice for them to spread it out a little.

Oh well. I can’t fault them for counterprogramming.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2022, 02:34:15 PM »
I realize that. But there are other laughter/comedy-related holidays—for instance, National Laughter Day on May 6—and for us college hoops fans, it would be nice for them to spread it out a little.
May 6 is the Kentucky Oaks this year.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Bryce L.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2022, 03:53:29 PM »

Wonder if they just use the NBC edit, or the one from Tom Kennedy's collection that made its way through TVPMM and YouTube?
Do they honestly have a choice? I'm not sure that Fremantle has a copy of anything but the NBC edit (has the uncut version ever popped up on GSN, for instance?)

JMFabiano

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2022, 06:16:10 PM »

Do they honestly have a choice? I'm not sure that Fremantle has a copy of anything but the NBC edit (has the uncut version ever popped up on GSN, for instance?)

Nope.  It was always presumably what was seen on air. 

Honestly, I agree it will probably be that.  But you never know...

It wouldn't be too groundbreaking if we did see the Kennedy copy on the 19th, anyway.  The only differences are, a bit more blooper footage, including Betty guessing "Tinker" to Dick's "Ulysses S!" when Tom says they could not GRANT him control.  It also explains the usage of "inadmissable" in Tom and Dick's dialogue.  I think the master tape just goes to that segment without the explanation before it too, and Tom's explanation is seen later amongst the footage for some reason.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2022, 10:47:37 PM »
I didn't want to pull a thread necromancy move with the Betty White ABC Password thread from 2020, so I'll add my thought here.

Completely random epiphany, after hearing Dick's "lady sailors" comment after guessing "waves" and Tom quickly avoiding any further remarks on it, it hit me what Paul Williams' silenced clue for "Wave" is in Betty's ABC Password episode:
He gave a coined word, "Sailorette", in a rather suggestive way.

Well. I'm sure others that have seen Betty's episode figured that out already.
But hey, I can get a goodnight's sleep again :P

thewhammy_2000

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2022, 07:19:21 PM »
Plus, Tom said some Js and Cs as he pretended to punch the wall, which is dubbed out on the aired version.